Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babba007

Reaction score
We have a wild coastal carpet python that has been submerged under water in our pond for the last few days. It is totally underwater with just his head poking out. "Bob" as we have named him has been around our place for the last year or so. He seems healthy and is helping with our bush rat problem. Do you think he may have mites? And should we leave him there or get him out?

He is doing it because he can,just leave him be.They know better than us.

Our Darwin does that for a week before shedding and generally enjoys a coupla hours in the water bowl anyway (so does the bhp). I've even seen an adult Darwin in north Arnhem go and sit in the sea for 20 minutes. Pretty brave with Sea Eagles, Brahminy Kites and Jabiru patrolling the coast!

My Water python likes to sleep in her water tub.
She will stay in there for several days before she sheds..

It could be that your pond's water temperature is warmer or more constant temperature than being out exposed to the air in the pouring rain that SEQ is getting at the moment. I would just leave him there, seems like he is happy where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back