Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dihsmaj

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What large skinks can go together?
As in, could I put an Egernia Stokesii, a tiliqua scincoides, and an Egernia Cunninghami together?
Also, would they drink/bathe in a big enough waterfall?

i would not recoment mixing a blue tounge with a cunningham
whats the other thing? im not big on lizards, but i know big blue tounges can be very nasty to gage mates, and cunninghams are terorotorial.

again i knw limited lizad knolage, but thats some thing i am sure of

I only keep the eastern blue tongues but would not keep different species of blue tongue in the same enclosure or with any other skinks. Ive read in older threads that some people successfully keep the eastern blue tongues and cunninghams skinks in the same enclosure, but this may not work in every case and it would depend on the size of the enclosure. I would imagine the habitat of the Stokes / Gidgee skink is quite different to the other 2 species you mention. The eastern blue tongues are generally not great in water and may drown easily if the water is too deep and they can't get a foot hold but I can't commet on the water abilities of the other 2 species.

From what i have heard blueys and cunninghams can go fine together as long as the enclosure is large enough, i personally wouldnt try it in a normal tank, only a decent sized outdoor pit

It largely depends on the individual animals, what sex they are and the enclosure. As a general rule don't do it.
I wouldn't recommend a large water bowl/ waterfall for any of those species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back