R.I.P. Poor Monty!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, well poor Monty died yesterday morning. Found him down the bottom of his enclosure. We can't afford an Autopsy, but the vet wants to do one anyway. Reckons he'll learn a fair bit from it eh? Hopefully he'll find out what caused the problem. Cheers Cheryl

Sorry to hear about Monty's passing Cheryl - we were all riding the rollercoaster with you and hoping for the best. Let's hope we may be able to gain some knowledge from Monty which may be able to assist other sick snakes. Kind regards - Kevin.

Yeah I was pretty upset Linus. But at least he's out of pain now. Saw Jonno Lucas down at SA Venom yesterday, and he reckons it sounded more like a Neurological problem. Vet had done a poo test. At least we know there was no Crypto?, is that what it's called.

I'm sorry to hear that Cheryl... its amazing how attached we get to our pets... more like a member of the family. Hopefully the Autopsy shows cause of death...

Deepest Condolences Cheryl am very sorry to hear that.:cry:
Hope they autopsy gives you some answers.

Sympathies to you. It isn't easy to lose a pet, especially one you fought so hard for. :(

rodentrancher said:
Yeah I was pretty upset Linus. But at least he's out of pain now. Saw Jonno Lucas down at SA Venom yesterday, and he reckons it sounded more like a Neurological problem. Vet had done a poo test. At least we know there was no Crypto?, is that what it's called.

Cheryl,
Sorry to hear that he passed away, as you say, at least he's not suffering anymore, it's hard to see isn't it.

I wasn't aware that they could test for Crypto from a fecal sample, I thought it had to be a tissue sample, maybe I am wrong.

Neil

Oh no Cheryl I'm so sorry to hear that :cry:. I had really hoped that Monty would pull through for you :cry:. You have my deepest condolences :(

Neil, we also had a faecal test done for Crypto but apparently you may need multiple tests to get a positive...which the vet failed to tell me til I asked :?

Sincerest sympathy Chezza, I can relate. You did all you could, sometimes nature is cruel. :(

OuZo said:
Oh no Cheryl I'm so sorry to hear that :cry:. I had really hoped that Monty would pull through for you :cry:. You have my deepest condolences :(

Neil, we also had a faecal test done for Crypto but apparently you may need multiple tests to get a positive...which the vet failed to tell me til I asked :?

Zo, I reckon the tissue sample method is probably the conclusive method, and the faecal one may or may not produce a result, hence the need for multiple tests, I will ask my vet for interests sake, next time I see him.

Cheryl, you really tried her best for this poor snake, I hope the PM reveals something.

Neil

My deepest condolences Cheryl :(
I know how hard you fought for the little guy :( He's the one from URS isn't he? Have you told them? Might be worthwhile coz Monty would have other siblings out there who might be going through the same thing and I am sure that URS wouldn't want to buy inferior animals off that supplier ever again.
Good luck with the autopsy, I hope that it gives you the peace of mind that you need.
Out of curiosity, how much did the vet want for the autopsy? I has a basic one done on one of my beardies earlier this year and it was around the $60 mark ish.
Take care and chin up
Bex

hi cheryl,
my heart goes out to you,

cheers,
steve.........

Bex, Monty was the Coatal Carpet we got from Fuscus. Only had him since May, but I'd got really attached to him. He was such a placid guy. He was approx 5 1/2 ft long. Didn't have a nasty bone in his body I reckon. I think that when he bit me a while back, he thought my hand was food? Emdee and Boof(from URS) are totally fine. Murray Darlings are great starter snakes in my book. Cheers Cheryl PS Thanks for all the condolences folks, and I hope the vet finds out what the problem was.

it is very sad when we loose someone/something close to our hearts, my thoughts are with you.
i am having my own wake for monty right now.
hang in there cheryl.
cheers.

Very sorry to hear of your loss RR. Stiff upper lip dear and lets hope there is something to be learnt from the tragedy. Best wishes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back