R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the face of everyone who has ever smiled when they have held a snake or lizzard, he is the face of every one of us.

R.I.P Steve.......

Nice pic!

I think we shoudl send this thread up there, just to let them know how many herpers alone are thinking of them..

WOW, just watched Andrew Denton, missed that the first time it was on, has really hit home now and has changed the way i think even more, really makes you appreciate your family coz ya just dont know how much time ya have, I would hate to leave my family like that. He really was a true legend. :cry:

I was thinking the same thing earlier! I'm sure Australia Zoo and Steves family would appreciate the support! And Steve would too if he was here, I bet.

I'm still in shock, my deepest sympathies go out to Terri, Bindi and Bob. He was a great man.

RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

Steve - You cast a shadow that covered us all - RIP your a champion

the turtle in your sig is for msn, (tu)
Such a sad day.
i heard from my friend at aussie zoo, who was at work today, poor thing.
will have more news tomorrow, hopefully there will be a public memorial, i know many will want to pay their respects in person. i know i will.
R.I.P Steve.
Condolences to Terri and Bindi and Bob.

RIP STEVE --> a true legend who worked wonders for wildlife conservation.
deepest condolences to Terri and the kids we will always feel for you and mourn over the loss of a great man.

I just watched the denton interview.

I still can't get my head around this. I really wouldn't have thought it would affect me like it has. I first heard about it when i read this thread, i have never felt like this when someone i don't know has passed away. I hoped that it was someone making a bad joke. His memory will live for a long time to come.

Steve you are going to be missed, rest in peace mate.

Steve,
You were the enthusiasm, the hope, the proud father, the loving husband and the insperation to a new
generation of environmentalists.
Always full on, on fire,switched on.
Condolances to Terri, Bindi and Bob, and the staff at Australia zoo.
Ride the big waves now mate
Hendrix

RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

i would be there
I just read thw whole thread and I was fine until that photo
Damn i'm like a broken water main
Poor Terri and the kids.....

:( I am so sad! Someone who truly believed that loving animals is not madness! There are so few people in the public eye who give so selflessly to the animal world and who would defend their rights to the death! You are a true warrior Steve, the world is truly a better place from your presence!

R.I.P Steve Irwin!
I will miss your documentries that wont now be made.
This sux so bad! :(
Steve would have had a blast with his life & he is very lucky for that.
I would have loved to meet Steve & talked reptiles.
All the best for the IRWINS.
I bet Steves now in charge of Noahs Arc!
I will miss him! :(

Jason

i just got emailed this thought i would share.

Steve Irwin a man of his words,
You never let us down even if u are not around,
im so sorry for your family's lost,
But mate I cant thank you enough,
You saved my brothers life,
If only I could of saved yours,
I will always take my hat off on this day,
The 4th of September,
Just to remember a great Aussie bloke.

Crikey ! :shock: What a shock!
He was a colourful character alright. What a way to go! :eek:
At least he lived a full life. I feel for his family. Especially sad for his wife & little ones. :cry:

I always thought that his manner of handling venomous snakes in particular was irresponsible & unorthodox. Not a good example to kids in this regard. :roll:
But he was a true showman & promoted an understanding of reptiles which was good.

You do know that one of his biggest campaigns was against the private keeping of reptiles?
I didn't know that! :eek: A bit hypocritical methinks, him having a huge collection himself.

We're all human though & none of us is perfect.
He's without doubt one of a kind and a legend that will long be remembered RIP~ Steve Irwin.

Regardless of whether he gave a damn or not, he played a big part in alot of herpers lives (mine included) i visited his park in the early 90s and that fueled alot of the fire i had for reptile keeping.
His shows inspired me as a young and stupid 10yr old to go out catching lizards and snakes.

I know things in my herping life would definatley be different had he not be o the scene, i think alot of people would feel the same.

Really even if he hated private keepers he still inspired many and will continue to.

GO STEVE GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back