R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such tragic news :( And as dugadugabowbow has already pointed out, this is a huge loss to the reptile world, I personally wasn’t too keen on the guy but he was a monumental ambassador for reptile education and conservation.
His level of enthusiasm keep most children (and some adults!) glued to the TV, and that in it's self ensured the information was absorbed ...in some cases perhaps without them even realising it!.
I can only offer my deepest condolences to his family & friends.

Re: RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

africancichlidau said:
campaigns was against the private keeping of reptiles? !

Many of you guys that have been here awhile know my opion on the private keeping campains and ultimately lost my job there over it...but thats a very tiny negative aspect of what Steve did for reptiles around the world and I am sure he can be forgiven...for that.

RE: Re: RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

mate we all know his feelings on the subject but we also know that he did so much for the cityslickers who would never have turned on a doco unless it was the playboy mansion......and Marc you must be in two minds but mate theres no guilt ot be felt and no regrets to be had as long as you blow a kiss to the sky and give a big thumbs up.......

You do know that one of his biggest campaigns was against the private keeping of reptiles? I don't think he would give a damn what herpers thought!
not realy true phill.it was not 'one of his biggest campaigns',if he had wanted to he could have made it very hard for the private collectors, but he didnt push this issue, The issue was he was worried about people with herps keeping them for the wrong reasons.
animals are being kept ,
not for the love or the betterment of herpetological study,
, but only to breed and make money.
also he was worried about the x breeding and the lack of educational value of animals kept in private collections as opposed to zoos
baz
steve irwin, still a hero in my eyes.R.I.P

The issue was he was worried about people with herps keeping them for the wrong reasons.
animals are being kept ,
not for the love or the betterment of herpetological study,
, but only to breed and make money.
also he was worried about the x breeding and the lack of educational value of animals kept in private collections as opposed to zoos

Thanks for the clarification Ssssnakeman.
If they were the aspects he was concerned about, then I think he had a good point.

Anyone who has a bad remark to say about this legend should be shot.

he was an amazing personality and i am so upset about it.. just seeing the picture of him on the front of todays herald sun holding that baby croc, i struggle to hold back the tears!

he will be forever missed and never replaced...

RIP steve irwin..

i hope they honour him in qld with a state funeral as has been suggested, i would strongly consider the flight up there to be there to show my respect...

I will let you know the minuite i hear of the plans for his funeral or memorial.
if anyone who can't make it would like to send their condolences to the Irwins, please PM them to me and i will print them up and take them with me when we contribute the donations.

i have named my olive python steve irwin R.I.P mate

If any is still feeling a little chocked up dont watch that video of Stevo's

But its is real nice otherwise thanx stevo and pythoness Very thoughtful....

Cheers 8)

The loss of Steve Irwin, I believe, means far more to those who saw his lifestyle as “living the dream”. It’s a sobering reality knowing that the journey we’ve been taken on through him has come to an abrupt end, and that the cast of such a unique character who’s been telling the story for so many years now, broken beyond repair.

I felt the world seemed a little darker than usual this morning :(

I am in total shock, and was crying on and off most of yesterday afternoon. I'm sure there will be tears today too.

Although I have never met Steve or Terri, I felt like I 'knew' them...like they were members of my family...I've watched interested as Bindi came along, and then little Bob....Watching Steve talk about the day Bindi was born brings me to tears every time- he was just the most passionate man I have ever seen. He was just full of a love, a passion, an enthusiasm for his family, and for our precious environment, and especially our reptile friends.

I feel helpless right now, not knowing what to do exactly. I want to offer my sincerest, most heartfelt sorrow for Terri and the Erwin families loss, Steve was a great mate to everyone- a true Australian Icon. As a mother, I can imagine how Terri feels having to explain to her children what has happened, and as a wife, I can imagine the loss and sorrow of losing your life companion..two things which a person never wants to have to do and feel. Terri is a strong, beautiful woman who played many roles in Steve's life, and his love for her was boundless- you could see it everytime they were on screen together.

Yesterday was a sad day in Australian Herpetology, and for Conservation, and for Australian wildlife. Steve will be sorely missed, he was a true Legend. Steve always made me smile with his candidness, his passion, and I will miss him.

I'm sure that Terri will continue Steve's work....She loves the animals as much as he did. And Bindi has a way with animals just like Steve- she has that same passion inside her. It would be a shame to see it extinguished, as Steve so loved the fire in his little girl, and he would want her to carry on his work I'm sure.

Goodbye dear Steve....you will be missed. Crikey my friend, Crikey.

Throughout my life I have followed Steve Irwin. The man that wrestles croc’s and snuggles with snakes. Through Steve I have learned to love animals and now as his did my world revolves around them. I thank Steve Irwin for his passion in a world where passion has all but disappeared. I thank him for the all the amazing stories and adventures I feel we have embarked upon together. I thank him for his love in a world filled with hate and for always fighting for what he believed. I sit here writing and I feel his presence lost from this earth, this amazing human being who I have never met, yet who I can truly call a friend.

RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

RIP Steve
you were a God amongst men.
a Hero and idol to alot of people and an australian icon.
Rest In Peace......

Cam..

RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

RIP steve RIP

You got me into herps :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back