R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP........... To a legend to all young and old herpers. Great icon of Aust

Re: RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

tyrone said:
we love you steve, a true aussie legend

With you there! Such an aussie icon! He will no doubt be missed and mourned by so many people across the world!

:(

RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

yes it is true just heard it on a seven news FLASH.apparently he was diving & got stung by a stingray?????? it has not been confirmed what killed him.

Oh that's just horrible :( I know people have already said this, but I don't think it really matters whether or not you were a "fan" of the guy, it's no less tragic. He was such a larger than life character, it's shocking to think of him dead.

yes it is true

yes it is true he is dead just heard it on a seven news flash apparently he was killed by a stingray while diving in queensland. :cry: :shock:

Very very sad. I wasn't a fan but he did a tremendous amount of good work in the field of conservation. I didn't like his style but he was a character and we need more characters.

You will be sadly missed but NEVER FORGOTTEN
you are a true legend Steve in all our hearts may you rest in peace

yea, i totally agree kersten, alot of people didnt like him but he is still a huge loss to the herping community of australia and the rest of the world

I can't believe it.....I love Steve Irwin...he always made me laugh :cry:

I just heard on the radio that it's believed Terri doesnt even know yet as she's trekking somewhere in Tasmania...I just hope she gets the news before she sees it in a newspaper :cry:

the worst part of this is, his wife Terri is not aware of the fact that he is dead yet, she is trecking through Tasmania and is unreachable. Absolute condolences to his entire family. It has not sunk in yet, but a truly terrible loss to conservation as a whole.

What a shame!! A true Aussie legend in his field. His passion can never ever be exceeded. He was a true hero. Will be sorely missed by all his fans. Sympathy to his wife and children.

still missed it on the news, missed 7 news, win only had crap about ballarat, still cant quite comprehend it yet untill i see it.
That will be one of the biggest funerals in australia i reckon, would kill to half half the knowledge in that guys little toe

"It is believed his American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and is yet to be told of her husband's death"

If it were true, how can media pubish such information before the family are told. Someone's either started a hoax report or someone's gonna get into trouble. I would be devestated to read about my husband's death in the paper or see it on TV before I was notified.

I must say I was shocked when I got a newsflash in my e-mail. It appears that he has indeed passed away. I still cannot believe it has happened. He was a great man and will never be forgotten for what he has done for this country, in particular, increasing public awareness and reducing the public fear of reptiles in general, not only by educating and aiding conservation, but also saving our wildlife from the ignorant who would have known no better.

Must have been a pretty large specimen to inflict a fatal injury. Most stingray injuries I've seen were relatively minor, and usually in the foot or leg, but to hear something like this is very surprising and even sadder. Steve will be sadly missed by all of us. My condolences go out to his family.

Ben :(

I just can't get my head around it. I hope someone has made a mistake.

At least he is gone doing something that he loves.

Wow, what a shock. I can hardly believe it. What a huge loss to the herping world. As much as some people didn't like crikey he did wonders for bringing reptiles into the homes of people all around the world. A very sad day indeed and one that will not be forgotton, especially the day after fathers day.

RIP Steve Irwin, you were a legend mate. Happy Herping in the big sky above and best wishes to your family.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back