R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

I was no great fan of Steves. But I can't knock what he has done to awaken a love of animals and for Australia the world over.

He was an enthusiastic energetic man, loud, outspoken and happy and to have his life taken from him in this way, although it shouldn't have been a surprise, given the risks he takes, has absolutely blown me away.

How many of us thought it would be via a venomous snake, or croc, or tiger ? And here, to see, a stingray snuff the life out of one of Australias most vital 'icons'.

I am crying, not for Steve, for he chose his path and the animals he crossed along it, no doubt if he had to choose a way to go, it would be a way like this, but I cry for the loss of an icon, an Australian beacon, and I am crying for Terri and the kids.

Harriet and Steve in the same year. :(

R.I.P.

We loved you Steve...
A true Australian, an awesome dad, and a great bloke...

RIP Steve irwin,a legend an inspiration and a great australian .will be sadly missed,condolences to his wife and children,a tragic thing to happen and a big loss for conservation and environmental issues.
baz kaz and family.

Very very sad news, I couldn't believe it at first but it is true. My condolances go out to his family and friends. I guess he died what he loved doing most.....................................

It is a shame losing such an Australian character.....

How absolutely unbelievable....what a painful way to die :(

I feel so horrible that most of the world knows before his wife...his poor family left behind.

My son watched him from an extremely young age and learned his love of crocodiles from him.

A bit of info on stingray injuries here, apparently 2 people have died before exactly the same way, so certainly a freak accident.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/stingray_injury/article_em.htm

RIP Steve :(

RIP to ya mate......Love him or hate him you have to admit he has done amazing things for animal conservation around the world and tourism in Australia. He was a true Aussie character and I think he will be sadly missed...Not a member of my family but I feel sad over this news....cheers to you Steve and rest in peace mate.....Condolences to Terry and the Kids.....

surely they would have got hold of terri first, there is no way they would be alowd to release that without her knowing, and if they did im sure they will all have a nice legal battle on their hads

The initial report apparently came from a Government source, there is no need for the media to wait until the next of kin is notified I wouldn't think ?

Cant believe it but i know its true,my sincere condolences to Terry and every one at the Australia Zoo,Steve you were a man that many would love to have been my prayers are with your family.

Re: RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

Matty.B said:
im crying :'([/quote]
I am with you there...My daughter is 7 and she loves Steve irwin..We have all his docs and his movie and she has his Wiggles movie that she will not part with.......I cant stop crying and she is crying too....He was the best ay what he did.

I wish this were not true

It's entirely possible to do unfortunately and it's not illegal. It's....I guess the word would be inappropriate. But that's an understatement. But not illegal. I just hope for their sakes that wherever the kids are it's somewhere away from from TVs or radios and that they hear this from someone close to them. As horrible as this sounds it's probably a moment that his wife has lived with the knowledge would come eventually. That doesn't make it any better for her though no doubt :(

Yes its true.......... Well at least he went out doing what he loved!!!!

just heard about this when i got home
he will be missed by a lot of people
and my thoughts go to his family

Re: RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

cwarren72 said:
Not a member of my family but I feel sad over this news..

He was part of the family, Animal lover, Environmentalist, and Aussie to the bone...

I'm down-right priveleged to say I'm those things today..

who cares about the legal stuff...???? it's time for reflection I reckon......Reflect on how you feel about this right now and then think about when was the last time you told your friends and family how much they mean to you.....Any time and any where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back