Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andynic07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering who uses rabbits for larger pythons and where they get them from (Brisbane Queensland) and how much they cost.

Check out DOArodents. Sponser on this site, they deliver to your door (Overnight in Brissy) and have great prices. :)

I am not sure what "great prices" are, but you should probably look at the weights of rabbits to make sure you are comparing apples with apples. One mans small rabbits may be another mans large rabbits so what seems a cheap price, isn't. Being large, freight for rabbits can be significant if charged by the kilo. I feed my Olives 1.5 kilo rabbits which are $18 each, 1 a month- a big saving on the equivelant weight of rats.Andy what size snakes are you feeding?

Nothing too big at the moment. I have a woma python and diamond python that will eat very small rabbits around 400g at the moment. I am looking at getting a pair of BHP soon too that will eventually be big enough to eat rabbits. I know rats at the moment would be cheaper but I think the rabbits would be leaner and therefore better for my pythons. I am not really that worried about price but am trying to find top quality food for a reasonable price.

IMO rabbits are good so long as they have a gut full of feed
I know that humans die if they only eat rabbit
but believe thats because we only eat the meat

thats just silly, humans would probably die if they ate just beef, or just anything really

Nothing too big at the moment. I have a woma python and diamond python that will eat very small rabbits around 400g at the moment. I am looking at getting a pair of BHP soon too that will eventually be big enough to eat rabbits. I know rats at the moment would be cheaper but I think the rabbits would be leaner and therefore better for my pythons. I am not really that worried about price but am trying to find top quality food for a reasonable price.
Rodentfarm packs contain 2 x 350 gram small rabbits. Our mediums are 500 grams and large 700 grams which suit Blackheads and larger Morelia.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO By feeding a large food item less often, say every month, as opposed to a smaller item every week the animals digestive system gets time off which should be better than digesting 24/7. With a large collection it also saves work, as less frequent feeding normally translated to less frequent defication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back