Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been keeping snakes for 2yrs + and ive seen them drink from the water bowl but first time on friday when i sprayed them with the mister they where drinking off the plants and walls i was so excited to watch

Drinks from your hand......WOW....that is cool.my jungle often drinks the water off her plants.no idea why,she has clean water everyday.

Damn it. Was expecting something rare. Haha. :p
I always see the snakes drinking.
But congrats for your first time. Haha.

My MD likes to drink out of a glass of water when I offer it to him. He was after my cup of tea the other week too, but he wasn't getting that :)

yeah i see mine drink all the time

lol i guess i dont have one of them

my md drinks from the bowl heaps, yesterday she had a swim in the sink i just changed her to a heaps bigger water bowl and she had a huge drink then curled up in the water for 5 or 10 mins

Drinks from your hand......WOW....that is cool.my jungle often drinks the water off her plants.no idea why,she has clean water everyday.
its because in the wild snakes will drink rain drops off them selfs and off plants rather than risk drinking from a pool that could possibly be stagnant snakes wont drink from water more than roughly 3 days old

Here's a picture of my Mother's MD drinking, and my coastal drinking while shedding:

Attachments

• Drinking.jpg
    Drinking.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Shed10.jpg
    Shed10.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 91
Just shot at the right moment very rare to see our snakes drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back