rat feeding options

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering what foods are good and nutritious for rats apart from the gr2 pellets etc?

I give mine whatever I can lay my hands on. The usual pellets and grain mixes, plus a good supply of fruit and veg. They also get leftovers fron tea etc as well. They are all in excellent condition and very shiny. Expecting my first 2 litters next week.

what you feed your rats depends on the size of your reptile collection. if you only have a few snakes, u can go gourmet with veggie platters for your rats if you like.

but if your looking to pump out alot of rats for minimal cost pellets are the way to go.

I use pellets as a staple and suppliment with scraps from the kitchen.

Anything with a reasonable fat content I reserve for mothers that are suckling.

I also give them chop bones because they like to chew them and they are are high in calcium

I know the rats like it because they usually rip any scraps out my hand and jump to the top of their inclosures when I am walking past.

I recently culled a breeding trio that had produced 150+ young.

--
Herp Shop - http://www.herpshop.com.au
hs_CompleteChondro_thumb.jpg

January 2006 Herp Shop Special
Order your copy of the
** Hot off the press **
"The More Complete Chondro"
during January 2006 and receive a bonus free Oz Herp Thermometer and Oz Herp Hygrometer with each copy.
These neat little units normally sell for $6 each or $10 the pair.
hs_OzHerpTherHygro_thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back