rat food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I have used Ridleys, Barastoc, Riverina and now an organic rat pellet and haven't noticed any difference at all. The animals eat any of them and seem to breed just as readily on any of them, in the end it seems to come down to price, I am going to get some deer pellets to add in to pad it out as they are cheap.

Boa, Trust me Deer Ration is all you need, IMO it is far superior than any mouse-rat pellets on the market. If I was still down that way it is all that would ever use, hell it was all that I ever used for years without a problem, as soon as I started using proper mouse-rat pellets the problems start as most of them are rubbish and need to be supplemented with some thing else to get the results I like out of my rats and mice. It should be called Rat-Mouse Ration as most of it gets sold for rats-mice not deer.

I will certainly give it a go, what problems did you encounter with the rat cubes ? Anyone who has seen my freezer knows how well my rats breed and would be amazed if deer pellets increase their numbers further.
What improvements should I expect from using Deer pellets ? My animals appear healthy and breed well, although numbers have predictably dropped off in this hot weather.
I am all for a cheaper alternative even given that the organic pellets I use now are quite economical.
Where excatly do they come from on the Sunshine Coast ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back