Rat/Mouse Breeder in Sydney Metro?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennett88

Reaction score
So my Childrens Python appears to be scared of its food and hasn't eaten since 15 November! (I got him on 26 November).

I smelled the frozen mice that i got from the pet shop and they smell a little "funny" coming from someone whos had plenty as pets over the years.

Basically my question is as the subject says, is there a breeder or something in Sydney Metro area? I'd like to try some good quality mice just out of interest, coz maybe these petshop ones are just crappy quality and smell like **** to him.

Cheers for any help!

The cause of animals not eating is normally incorrect temperature and then a too public environment. Get these right first before you blame food. If the food is branded it is probably from a fairly big supplier a who logically must be feeding , indiectly, a lot of snakes. There are plenty of distributors in Sydney but theoretically no commercial breeders as it is illegal to commercially breed rodents on residential land.

My childrens goes off her food sometimes, go out to our garden and grab a garden skink, grab the end of the tail that they drop when frightened and rub it all over the mouse, that always gets my girl eating again

What wokka has said, obviously the snake had not eaten for over 10 days prior to you getting him, so I would be talking to the person you got it from and going through your enclosure setup and working out what is wrong. I would also be finding out if the animal was a fussy feeder as well. Anyone that gets an animal that isn't feeding should be going back to the breeder to sort out any problems, not just blaming the food. As wokka said, the food sold there is probably fine for every other customer that is purchasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back