RBB's Home made Chocolate Bavarian and Mango cheesecake ...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbellybite

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Here is my recipe for my desserts I have made for Christmas Day

Chocolate Bavarian
1 table spoon of geletin
1 table spoon of butter (melted)
1 can of condensed milk
750ml of thick cream
several HEAPED dessert spoonfuls of cadbury cocoa
1 pkt of choc crunch biscuits (or any type of choc biscuit you like ..)

a standard bake tin ..or what I have used is those foil ones that glad makes
boil 1/4 water into a jug add geletin and stir till fully disolved this is important!!
In a food processer, put your pack of bics in and crush till crumby ..
then in a bowl mix the biscuit and melted butter till you can squash it together and it clumps ..
then tip into your tray and spread out evenly ..place in freezer to set ...
next pour your cream and cond milk and cocoa and give it a good spin on whip (dont whip to much or you will make butter ) when you have a mousse like substance add your geletin ..it should be room temp by now ..give it a quick mix in
then pour evenly over your biscuit base and place back in freezer

whilst its in the freezer ..take another 150 -300ml (depending on how much you like cream)
and WHIP it ...add a few teaspoons of icing sugar when almost whipped ...
take out of freezer ..add some malteasers or any other type of chocolate chunks
push them down into the mix ..then put your whipped cream on top and add a flake ;)

DSCF3284.jpg

DSCF3285.jpg

Mango cheese cake (no bake)

2 ripe mangoes
1 can cond milk
300ml thick cream
2 pkts of philly cream cheese
1 table spoon of geletin(same thing as you did in the choc bav)
1 pkt of scotch finger biscuits
1 table spoon of butter (melted)

food processer again
crumb your biscuits and add the melted butter and spread over your tray place in freezer ..
cut mangoes up into small pieces get as much of the juice too
in your FP add your cheese and mango
give it a good whip
add cream
whip it again
add your geletin that should be now at room temp ..
once all mixed well
pour into your biscuit base tray and place into freezer (with cheese cake, try and get your biscuit base to go up the sides of the tray ...)
once set
get white chocolate ...put in a bowl over boiling water and melt DONT GET WATER INTO YOUR CHOCOLATE ...
once melted squiggle all over your cheesecake

DSCF3286.jpg

Yummmmmmm. I have everything except the cream ..... bugger. Used that in the trifle. Wish you posted that a bit earlier in the day. Oh well, Boxing Day maybe ??!!:lol:

both are DEAD EASY to make ..only 3 things you really need to get right and thats dont whip the cream to much ...disolve teh geletin properly and when melting chocolate dont get water in it ...other then that anyone can do it ..if you dont have a FP you can do it with beaters but just make sure everything is mixed well ...and thats it ;)

RBB, I've said it once and I'll say it again. YOU ARE A GENIUS.
Now my mouth is watering :D

Can someone sticky this thread please?

Another thing about this is you can eat them when they are like ice cream or let them melt a bit and have a mousse ...also if you cut up into slices of single serve and put them in a good freezer plastic container it will last ...well as long as you dont go and PIG OUT ....

Yummmmmmm. I have everything except the cream ..... bugger. Used that in the trifle. Wish you posted that a bit earlier in the day. Oh well, Boxing Day maybe ??!!:lol:

Surely you have a shop open somewhere still? I have a tub of cream btw... teehee

Reminds me, i better check and make sure i have everything , otherwise ill be making a mad dash to the shop at 10pm

We are having chocolate pudding, i was going to make cheesecake, and shortbread etc but i havent had time, no work for 4 days woo!

yum!
when i am wmikldly sober, i will have to ryh this!

I HAVE AN IDEA....................... lets all co-ordinate one of those heists where people crash through supermarket windows, raid the supermarket for these ingredients, and all have a wonderfully filling day!! LOL

Sounds wonderful RBB................ I'm definitely going to try them

Nice work RBB- I made my first Mango Cheesecake this Xmas too- from the bake recipe in the free Woolies Xmas Book- ended up tasting great but the crumb mix needed 250 grams of butter which was just crazy, and the base ended up as a brick (a tasty edible brick) because of it- plus the butter dripped everywhere in the oven and almost set the house on fire!!!

apart from that though it was great ;)

Decided I would go for the non-bake style for the next one....and then voila ...you threw down your recipe.

Thanks RBB
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back