The Almighty Recipe Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GREEK LAMB WITH CRISPY POTATOES

3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
2 tbs chopped rosemary leaves
1 lemon, sliced
4 x 4-cutlet lamb racks
10 chat potatoes
150g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
1 cup (160g) pitted kalamata olives
Good-quality mint sauce, to serve (optional)

1.Combine garlic with 2 tablespoons of the oil, rosemary and lemon in a bowl. Add lamb, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2.Meanwhile, part-cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes, then drain.
Flatten each potato with a potato masher and place in an oiled roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season well. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.

3.Meanwhile, heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Sear the lamb on all sides. Place lamb and any pan juices on top of the potatoes with lemon slices and roast for 10 minutes (for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking). Remove lamb, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives to the potatoes, then return pan to the oven for a further 5 minutes until tomatoes soften. Serve the lamb on the potato mixture, with mint sauce if desired.

Easy Spinach,Fetta,Ricotta Pastries

Soften 500g spinach in large pot
Add 1 chopped onion & 1 teaspoon crushed garlic & simmer 5mins
Add 250g feta & 250g ricotta & mix really well.Simmer 10mins then cool mixture.
Cut puff pastry sheets in half, spoon cooled mixture on & roll up into small rolls.
Cook in oven for 15 mins180c

ok , can i ask for an egg plant recipe, and a guide as to how to cook eggplant so it doesnt resemble gumboot

ok , can i ask for an egg plant recipe, and a guide as to how to cook eggplant so it doesnt resemble gumboot

Best thing to do is buy the baby or small ones and slice them thinly and fry them in olive oil and serve on toast with a freshly fried sunny side - runny egg (had that for breakfast on Monday).

Alternatively BBQ with a little salt and oil on the open grill, turn after a couple of minutes.

microwave a pie chop it in half and butter four pieces of bread and spread the 2 halves of the pie onto the bread and have pie sammy's yum yum

microwave a pie chop it in half and butter four pieces of bread and spread the 2 halves of the pie onto the bread and have pie sammy's yum yum

Out of all the silliest of suggestions I have heard so far on this thread, yours has to have some sort of medal winning abilities...

Apart from my arteries hardening from just reading your suggestion, it actually has some merit.

So a pie sammy.... That's not a bad go :p just arteries clogging right now....

I think the pie needs to be baked tho - if microwaved i reckon pies taste best when they're slightly over done or cooked in those crisp bags so you get that real crispy outer crust then sandwhich that and you have yourself a hell snack!

Gonna try that tomorrow I think!

Might drop in on Brumbies and get some of their bread to sammy it up!

FROG IN THE HOLE AND VEGEMITE SOLDIERS.............................take frypan heat on stove add butter ....take 1 piece of bread cut a small hole in middle(can use a small round glass and push down)place bread in pan crack an egg in the middle and cook till your lik'ing then flip over seal it then flip back and wallaaaaaaa put on plate yummmy......VegSold ..cook 2 pieces of toast butter and spread vegemite on toast cut crusts off and make sure you cut straight tall strips place on plate and for a jungle twist you can melt cheese strips on vegemite toast space about 2cm apart and melt under grill and you have TIGER TOAST GRRRRRRRR....RBB

Keen cooking enthusiasts with a bit of a sweet tooth, check out Pimp That Snack (the site formerly known as Pimp My Snack) for super-sized versions of all your favourites - Oversize Turkish Delight, Gigantic Snickers Bar, The Mighty Rolo, Over-The-Top Cherry Ripe, and my fave, the Creme de la Creme Cadbury Creme Egg.

:lol:

'Pimped' versions shown next to their modestly sized counterparts.

DSCF1711.jpg

Pimp_0016.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

pimp%20that%20cherry%20OTT%20ripe%20%2814%29.jpg

Picture19.jpg

ok here is a nice dessert.......... my chocolate baverian..........take a packet of choc chip biscuits crush add melted butter and use a baking dish line it with cling wrap(guys you may have to get your missus to do this part and for those who dont have a missus ask mum)when the biscuits and butter have combined and you have a nice texture say you can grab a bit and squeeze together and it stays perfect place biscuit mix in to dish evenly spread out use a glass to roll it flat in dish ........place it in freezer.......take 600mls of cream 1 can of condensed milk 4 table spoons of cocoa ,cadbury is the best brand....and mix with electric beaters till a smooth like texture.....then you will need geletin around 1 table spoonful level....put in glass and with 1/4 cup boiling water pour in and dilute it make sure this is done properly or you will get stringy bits in it..when that is done pour in to mixture whip for around 1min take a packet of crushed maltesers add them to , beat again for 1min ..take biscuit base out of freezer pour your mixture in and put back in freezer.when solid after a few hours beat 300mls of plain cream till it whips up spread whipped cream on top and then finally spread flake over the top.............this can be kept in the freezer like icecream for ages and when you want a piece take out cut to size and put rest back in freezer..if you like your choc bav more like a mousse leave out for longer before eating or put in fridge ............RBB u can add things like baileys or some other type of spirit that goes with cream .....

I never bake...I followed this recipe (meant to be for kids, hehe) and everyone loved them! Not Christmas time but who cares. :D

Christmas Brownies

250g butter, chopped
250g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup plain flour, sifted
¼ cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup frozen raspberries
½ cup white chocolate bits
Icing sugar mixture to serve

Preheat oven to 170deg. Lightly grease a 4cm deep, 27cm x 17cm (base) slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both ends.

Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 mins, stirring every minute until smooth and melted. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.

Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (electric mixer). Add chocolate mixture. Beat to combine. Fold in flours.

Pour half the mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with raspberries and white chocolate bits. Pour over remaining mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until just firm to touch. Allow to cool completely in pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.

Lift brownies from pan. Cut into squares Dust with icing sugar.

I spat all over my computer screen from laughing at red bellies recipe on page one, best laugh ive had in ages, cheers

*drools* MUST CONSUME GIGANTIC CHERRY RIPE *passes out from desire*

caramel tarts:
take a packet of butter nut snap biscuits, put them over the tops of the holes in small muffin pans.

put into a hot oven briefly until soft.

gently push down on their centres until they form a 'cup'

take a can of nestle 'top and fill caramel' ((or choc, whatever turns you on)) stir it until smooth then spoon it into the cooled biscuit cups

top with a bit of whipped cream and there you have it ;)

This was my Mum's recipe, so I just go by look and feel when it comes to how much of what. I should one day write it down as I go, but anyways... here's the general idea.

Oh and I USED to cook each steak individually wrapped in foil. But tried the mass cooking method and it works just as well

Steak (A nice cut... rump works great... but any steak can be used after a bashing)

French onion soup mix... (a flakey one... not powder)

Tomatoes (sliced)

Onion (sliced)

Mushrooms or champingions (sliced)

Cheese (I use Karaft sliced cheese)

Line a baking dish with alfoil (grease the foil a little)
Coat steak in french onion soup mix... shake off excess.

Lay steak in baking dish, top with sliced tomato, onion, mushroom then cheese.

Cover dish completly with greased foil.

Cook for aprox 30 mins. On about 180 (not fan forced)

I serve with Mash potato and steamed beans and carrots.

Yummy Mars Bar Slice

2 X King size mars bars...chopped
90 grams butter...chopped
3 cups Rice Bubbles [ use Rice Bubbles NOT home brand]
1 X Family Block Cadbury Dairy milk choccie

Melt butter & Mars Bars over a gentle heat. Mix continuously to avoid burning. When melted add the mixture to the rice bubbles. Combine well. Press into slice tin. Melt block choccie [ to melt in microwave ALWAYS place jug with choc into a bowl of water, ensure that NO water touches choc. Wont burn that way ] in double saucepan on stove. When melted pour over mixture in slice tin. Refridgerate for 1 hour.
WARNING>>> Seriously moorish!!!

PS Dintony, that sounds very yum. Can't wait to try it!

Last edited:
redbellybite: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eggs in milk. My favourite breakfast.

Break three eggs into a large glass.
Add milk (full cream works best).
Drink.

Delicious, nutritious, cheap, convenient.

oh, yum, why don't i go an fix myself one of these.....

whatever tickles you fancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back