The Almighty Recipe Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redbellybite: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eggs in milk. My favourite breakfast.

Break three eggs into a large glass.
Add milk (full cream works best).
Drink.

Delicious, nutritious, cheap, convenient.

YUM, I love Eggflip, but I add a little sugar and a few drops of vanilla.

French onion dip mmmm.. 1x french onion soup mix, 1x 250g philly cream cheese a little water mix together, add half a cup of grated cheese, set in fridge YUM ;)

CHICKEN, BACON AND POTATO PIE

2 tbsp oil*
500g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
3 rashers of bacon, chopped (I used short cut bacon)
2 small sebago potatoes (or 1 large potato)
1/2 brown onion (or 1 small brown onion), chopped
1 tsp rosemary (I used dry herbs)
1 clove garlic
1.5 tbsp plain flour
40ml water
65ml chicken stock
65ml milk
1 sheet of shortcrust pastry
1 egg beaten

Preheat oven to 220 deg C.

Wash, peel and boil potatoes in a pot of salted water for about 10-12 min or until just tender. Drain, slice in to thin pieces and set aside to cool.

Heat a large saucepan with 1 tbsp oil and cook the bacon to your liking (in my case, crisp!), remove from pan and set aside. Add the remaining oil* and chicken and brown for about 3 - 4 mins and set aside. Add the onions, rosemary and garlic, cook for approx 3 - 4mins until fragrant. Return chicken to the pan and mix well.

Combine flour and water in a small bowl. Add the chicken stock, milk and flour/water mixture into the pan. Cook for approx 10mins, stirring until the sauce becomes thick. Remove chicken filling from pan and set aside to cool.

Roll out the pastry between two sheets of baking paper until approx 3mm thick. Place on a lightly greased tray. Place the cooled chicken filling in the middle of the pastry and top with slices of potatoes. Fold the pastry up around the filling. Baste with egg wash and bake for 15 - 20mins until the pastry is golden.

ISH you would give NIGELLA a run for her money and you got more advantage your youngerrrrrrr..nice yummmy recipeeeees too mmmmmm must try some keep em, comming ishy....RBB

YUM, I love Eggflip, but I add a little sugar and a few drops of vanilla.

I used to make it like that, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth so stopped adding the sugar. I suppose it was a combination of preference and laziness which made me stop adding things like cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, etc. I can't recall whether is was laziness or preference which made me stop mixing them with the milk, but it's fun swallowing the yolks :p

If you mix eggs, milk and milo, even 'normal' people will usually enjoy it. I'm not sure why people are so squeamish when it comes to this sort of thing, but that's okay, it's their loss. I nearly throw up if I eat a 'hamburger' from McDonald's, but everyone loves that garbage!

caramel tarts:
take a packet of butter nut snap biscuits, put them over the tops of the holes in small muffin pans.

put into a hot oven briefly until soft.

gently push down on their centres until they form a 'cup'

take a can of nestle 'top and fill caramel' ((or choc, whatever turns you on)) stir it until smooth then spoon it into the cooled biscuit cups

top with a bit of whipped cream and there you have it ;)

King island double cream thankyou ;)

Another easy one
Corn Relish Dip- Mix 1 jar of corn relish with 1 tub of Phili cream cheese & serve in a crusty cob loaf with top & centre removed, yummiest dip ever :)

CHEESE AND BACON SCROLLS

Ingredients
Olive oil spray
2 rashers bacon, chopped
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour + extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
50g butter, co****ly grated (hahahaha... c-o-a-r-s-e-l-y)
3/4 cup (180ml) milk
1/3 cup tomato chutney
2/4 cup grated tasty cheese
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray two baking trays with oil and line with baking paper.
Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Add bacon and cook over medium heat until golden. Drain on paper towel.

Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Rub butter in using fingertips. Add milk and mix to a soft dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth. Roll into a 25 x 30cm rectangle.

Spread chutney over dough, sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Roll up starting from a long edge. Use a sharp serrated knife to cut roll into 12 even slices. Place scrolls on trays and bake for 15 minutes.

BEST EVER LUNCH MUFFINS

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
2 cups grated tasty cheese
100g short cut bacon, chopped
1/4 cup red capsicum, sinely chopped
1 small onion, grated
1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup tomato chutney

Method
Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 6 x 3/4-cup capacity Texas muffin pan. Line bases of holes with baking paper.

Sift flour into a large bowl. Add cheese, bacon, garlic, onion, capsicum and chives. Whisk milk, egg and chutney in a jug until well combined. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients. Pour in milk mixture. Using a large metal spoon, gently mix until just combined. Spoon into muffin holes.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 3 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

i made this wicked marble train cake last year for food tech haha, the thing was huge each carriage was about 30cm long, well i thought it was pretty cool, and i got an A+ for it

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 21
  • cake 2.jpg
    cake 2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 22
  • cake 3.jpg
    cake 3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 22
Lukey47...That is fantastic!! Well done!

Salmon Patties

500g potatoes
200g can pink salmon, drained
2 tbspn mayonaise
4 spring onions, chopped fine [ or chives]
Plain flour [ for dusting ]
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup oil for frying

Peel & chop potatoes. Cook & mash.
Put salmon, mayo & spring onions in bowl with mash & mix well. Divide mix into 8 portions, roll into patty shape. Dust with flour, brush with egg & coat with breadcrumbs. Fry in a little oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Enjoy with salad & lemon wedges or chips. Nice in a roll. For a variation add corn, peas &/or fine chopped carrot to mix before cooking.

FREE FORM PEACH PIE

Ingredients
2 tbs apricot jam
1 sheet frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, just thawed
2 tbs brown sugar
1 x 415g can peach slices, drained
Icing sugar, to dust
vanilla custard or ice cream, to serve

Method
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Heat the jam in a small saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes or until melted.

Place the pastry on the lined tray. Spread the jam over the pastry, leaving a 2cm-wide border around the edge. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.

Spoon the peach into the centre of the pastry. Fold in the edges of the pastry to partially enclose the filling, leaving the centre open. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.

Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with custard, if desired.

A great salsa to put on top of your lamb...

6 ripe and sweet kiwifruit (or if you're lucky enough to have them, 6 feijoas).
2 - 3 Tbsp of finely chopped fresh mint.

Combine ingredients and mash to a salsa consistency and serve on top of fresh BBQ'd lamb.

To add a bit of 'spice' to it... add a few chopped chillies and a dash of pepper.

You won't regret making it - it's incredibly tasty!

BAKED BEANS ON TOAST .................open one can of heinz baked beans in tom sauce pour into a bowl ,put in nuker for 2 mins while cooking 2 pieces of bread in toaster .spread butter on toast place on plate and take out beans from nuker (becareful its HOT) pour onto toast and eat...........RBB

Suggested variation for the gormet (sp?) .. Use Baked Beans in Ham sauce, while nuking, add shredded cheese to thicken sauce.

Result, ..... nobody will invade your personal space for the proceeding 8hrs.

Suggested variation for the gormet (sp?) .. Use Baked Beans in Ham sauce, while nuking, add shredded cheese to thicken sauce.

Result, ..... nobody will invade your personal space for the proceeding 8hrs.
AHAAHHA!

LOL Diamond Ash

Quick easy choc fudge

1 can condensed milk
200g block choc (milk, dark or white)
250g choc bits (milk, dark or white)
glace cherries
nuts (macadamias are awesome)

1. line square ~20cm tin with greaseproof paper
2. spread cherries and nuts in even distribution in tin
3. in a double saucepan (water underneath, choc in top) melt choc
4. when choc is melted, very quickly stir in whole can of condensed milk
5. when combined, quickly pour choc/condensed milk fudgey mix over cherries/nuts in tin and smooth out, pressing the nuts/cherries into the fudgey mix
6. put in the fridge for a few hours

ok , can i ask for an egg plant recipe, and a guide as to how to cook eggplant so it doesnt resemble gumboot

if you are going to grill it, or anything sliced really.
cut it up, salt it heavily (like a handfull per large eggplant)
toss through. and put in a colander for an hour or so (the liquid the salt draws out is very bitter)
then wash the salt off, and pat dry.

then its ready to cook.
i prefer to always cook it twice.
for a mezze i would roast it on a moderate temp until cooked, then cool.
then grill.
it should be nice and tender, and hardly bitter at all..

Pho Bo Tai
Vietnamese rice noodle soup with sliced beef

Ingredients (broth)
4kg Beef Bones
2kg Chicken Carcasses
500g brown onion
500g parsnip
500g celery
2 star anise
6 cloves
1 bunch corriander ROOTS
lemongrass
knuckle of ginger
50mL light soy

Method
wash all bones, onions, parsnip and celery.
put in large pot, and bring to boil.
when it boils, strain. keep bones/veg.
wash again.
return to CLEANED pot, and bring to boil again.
reduce to simmer.
skim the stock (use a ladel to remove the fat from the top and any floaties... this keeps the stock clear)
after simmering for an hour.
slice lemongrass lengthwise, and add to pot.
in one more hour, add cloves to a bouqet garni and add for 2 hours tops
after removing cloves, add another bouqet garni with star anise for 3 hours.
add soy, add ginger.
after star anise is removed, check for flavour.
return the star anise, or cloves of they need to be stronger
season.
simmer for another 3 hours.
DON'T FORGET TO SKIM!

then strain and reserve liquid.
you should have a beautiful clear fragrant stock...

Ingredients (soup)
Pho noodles (fresh or dried, prepare according to packet)
1/4 side of porterhouse (not cut into steaks. freeze till -almost- frozen)
2 limes
pack of bean shoots
chili oil
hoi sin (should be dark, buy from asian grocer, not supiermarket)
birds eye chili
white onion
corriander leaves
thai basil

Method
Prepare noodles, cool and reserve
finely slice the beef, if its almost frozen, its easier (a korean butcher sells like this already)
cut limes in to cheeks
slice chili and onions.
rough chop corriander

Take 4 LARGE, DEEP soup bowls
and 4 side plates.
add noodles to bowls, and several slices of beef.
some onion.
on side plate, put some beanshoots, a lime cheek, sliced chili, corriander, and thai basil
on the table have chili oil and hoi sin available.

add hot broth to bowls.

at table, add lime/hoi sin/chili/herbs to your personal desires.

and enjoy the worlds most fantastic soup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back