re: power seller account

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually it's pretty obvious when a member is selling "commercial quantities". But in cases where it's on the borderline and a moderator/administrator feels that a Subscriber has crossed the threshold, you will likely receive a warning.

In the past, your only option was to stop, or to get a sponsor account. Now, you will also be able to upgrade your account to a Power Seller and continue selling commercial quantities the same as before.

So commercial quantities would be in regard to what exactly? You have a for sales section which people pay money to use, yet when you try and sell something now you have to pay more if it's a commercial basis which is up to a moderator/administrator to determine when you are on the borderline. Seems a bit on the borderline to being bollox to me. You need to be a bit more specific than it's up to a moderator/administrator.

This rule has been in place since subscriptions began, the only change is we are now offering an alternative to Sponsorship.

Great idea

full creadit to the administators this is a great idea,:D im trying to start a good line of rats
feeding them proporly,we feed our rats with good food to produce a [gut loaded rodent]that will b the best 4 my snakes and at times there r to many as i have cut back on snakes but not rats {lol} and being able to advertize,that to some may seem like a comecial quanty .

So basically "Power Seller" gets the same benefits and a "sponsor" but you wont get a banner ad ??
They both have all the same ticks in the subscriptions info page .

Can I upgrade my subscribers account by sending the extra $35.00 or will i need to pay the $50.00 ?

I can calculate the pro-rated difference if you like - submit a ticket to Technical Support with your request and we'll work it out there.

Is this going to result in powersellers dominating the "for sale sections.The last thing we need is sellers bumping their adds consistantly so we only see the same old adds without the opportunity to view thehobbiest adds. Maybe you could offer a choice so users can avoid powersellers adds if they wish.

Is this going to result in powersellers dominating the "for sale sections.The last thing we need is sellers bumping their adds consistantly so we only see the same old adds without the opportunity to view thehobbiest adds. Maybe you could offer a choice so users can avoid powersellers adds if they wish.
We can cross that bridge when we come to it. I don't think it will be an issue, but if it will be, then we can always have a separate forum for commercial sales and a separate forum for private sales.

Slighty off topic but in response to anyone bumping up their ads can we have a 10% rule ie each bump drops the price but 10%? So start at $100, one bump then $90 another bump then $81, third bump $72.9

Slighty off topic but in response to anyone bumping up their ads can we have a 10% rule ie each bump drops the price but 10%? So start at $100, one bump then $90 another bump then $81, third bump $72.9

I would simply start a new thread to overcome this problem.

re power

power sellers hey,theres a few that need to go to sponsors ,have never liked the bumping since it was created,makes for pushy boredom IMO

It seems fair enough to me, $50 a year to advertise and sell on an established website with a large amount of potential customers. I am a member of a couple of other (non-herp) websites where you have to be a "gold member at a cost of $50 a year" to sell anything.

commercial traders dominating the market place is easy...just create a commercial trader are in the market place.
They can post there wares in there instead of in the other areas of the market place.
Just my 2 bobs worth.

It seems fair enough to me, $50 a year to advertise and sell on an established website with a large amount of potential customers. I am a member of a couple of other (non-herp) websites where you have to be a "gold member at a cost of $50 a year" to sell anything.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the idea, there just has to be some sort of basic rule to make it clearer than having it left upto the admin/mods discretion as to when you are bordering that line.

Hahaha, my point exactly Faye, nice work. You warn people for the littlest thing, you deleted a post of mine w while back for helping someone find a blob address, and yet you post in threads where normal members(not subscribers) openly advertise in there sigantures and yet no one can tell me what the limitations are to power selling other than it is up to admin/mods.

The mods will need guidelines as well. We will need to know where the subscriber line ends and the power seller starts.
Well Dee as I have put up a sticky thread, if people are openly advertising without being a subscriber in their signatures it is up to members like yourself to report these things. It is funny how people get on here and whinge about these things but don't report it??Do you check out everyones signature in a thread when you post??? I am sure that you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back