re: power seller account

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrators will be making the decision if some people should be advised to open power seller account.
Moderators will point this cases to them, and commercial management of the site will make final decision. APS will sent warning to members with no infraction issued first time. Best would be if people who are starting they business or making regular income using aps classifieds would sign for powerseller account with out reminder. That would really help.
This site is commercial enterprise and if some people are not happy with the way things are done here, there is always freedom to go away and join some other website run in better than aps. We are trying hard to make this site work in best way possible and keep costs down. Things could be done much cheaper when site was run only as hobby. Now we are registered business with abn registration thanks to some members threatening us with taxation audit. Some of you remember this threats posted to us. This raised expenses to run this site bit.
There is no chance to satisfy all people each time, but we try our best.
Administration

I will work with the moderators to implement some more specific guidelines around commercial quantities. Stay tuned.

re power

Ime sure DEC will grant dealers licenses to the commercial sellers in NSW so they can keep everything honest and within the law if any are seen to be commercial in this state :)

All users may bump their posts. If they bump top frequently, as with all rules, an infraction will be issued.

I feel sorry for your mod team Admin , going to be a nightmare enforcing that , maybe you should give them a pay rise .

Why can I only sell 1 new enclosure , yet a serious breeder can sell 60 reptiles ??

I Dont really care either way , just curious as to why you came up with those figures .

The sale of more than 1 brand new enclosure per year or the sale of any amount of custom built enclosures

Dick, I take that as subscribers can sell one new one a year and as many used as they like, but power sellers can sell as many custom built ones as they like. As long as it is not buying already made ones like a shop and selling......

I feel sorry for your mod team Admin , going to be a nightmare enforcing that , maybe you should give them a pay rise .

Why can I only sell 1 new enclosure , yet a serious breeder can sell 60 reptiles ??

I Dont really care either way , just curious as to why you came up with those figures .

This will be interesting.

How many 'power sellers' as you call it will have an ABN number? Selling commercial quantities in a business like manner can only mean one thing...tax, tax and more tax. (and rightly so).

The sale of more than 1 brand new enclosure per year or the sale of any amount of custom built enclosures

Dick, I take that as subscribers can sell one new one a year and as many used as they like, but power sellers can sell as many custom built ones as they like. As long as it is not buying already made ones like a shop and selling......

Yes , but why do snake sellers get 60 before they need to pay more , but I only get 1 .
Like I said i dont care about the money , just curious as to why such a big difference ?

30 mice or rats every two months? C'mon, that's rubbish. Two females will produce more than that in that time frame. How could that be considered a commercial quantity? That figure should be in the hundreds.

And the enclosures... anybody who just likes to build things will build far more than that in a year. Hardly a commercial enterprise.

I'd also be interested to know how you plan on enforcing the quantity restrictions on animals in particular. How will you ever know how many were really sold through here?

What incentive is there for people to advertise here with these new restrictions when you can advertise at a certain popular website, in whatever quantity you like, for free?

$50 a year to be a power seller..
i think this is a fair deal..

you would think that aps would be more interested in making the rep hobby cheaper for people so more people can get into it
not trying to get more money out of people just trying to sell stuff
my old mate got suspended from here for trying to sell cheaper crix for people he wasnt making any proffit he was simply selling off his surplus and pretty much just charging postage
he was suspended because he wouldnt get a sponsors account, he didnt have the money to be doing that and he was really just doing the rep community a huge favour saving people alot of money
so i thought it was pretty sad to see him get the boot

then people get there posts deleted and suspended when they speak there opinon on it

if i am waving goodbye to my account at the moment i guess thats how it is. im only doing it because i think its important for people to say there opinions on this site to make it better

were not trying to be rude here, were doing aps a favour because i think alot of people are turning away from the site because it seems to be getting money hungry and very one sided.

hopefully people know where im coming from im not trying to be rude here. But i really think it needs to be looked at.

you would think that aps would be more interested in making the rep hobby cheaper for people so more people can get into it
not trying to get more money out of people just trying to sell stuff
my old mate got suspended from here for trying to sell cheaper crix for people he wasnt making any proffit he was simply selling off his surplus and pretty much just charging postage
he was suspended because he wouldnt get a sponsors account, he didnt have the money to be doing that and he was really just doing the rep community a huge favour saving people alot of money
so i thought it was pretty sad to see him get the boot

then people get there posts deleted and suspended when they speak there opinon on it

if i am waving goodbye to my account at the moment i guess thats how it is. im only doing it because i think its important for people to say there opinions on this site to make it better

were not trying to be rude here, were doing aps a favour because i think alot of people are turning away from the site because it seems to be getting money hungry and very one sided.

hopefully people know where im coming from im not trying to be rude here. But i really think it needs to be looked at.

I kinda agree
each day i come on here less and less.
Half the time i dont even know what ill get an infraction for, infact i might even get one for this post.

If sellers cant afford the $50 then they need to put their prices up. Slatey has dug into his pocket long enough and we cant expect him and all his helpers to continue to do everything for nothing. Unfortunately as anything grows so to does the infrastructure required to support it.
I just hope that the educational aspects of the site dont heve to fade into the background to make way for the business aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back