re: power seller account

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re power

If sellers cant afford the $50 then they need to put their prices up. Slatey has dug into his pocket long enough and we cant expect him and all his helpers to continue to do everything for nothing. Unfortunately as anything grows so to does the infrastructure required to support it.
I just hope that the educational aspects of the site dont heve to fade into the background to make way for the business aspects.

Wokka sponsor,got a ring to it! :)

"What incentive is there for people to advertise here with these new restrictions when you can advertise at a certain popular website, in whatever quantity you like, for free? "i think alot of people have started turning to other sites now to advertise as it just costs too much for some people on here... iv noticed this with a few sponsors lately... some sites are free yet on here its what... 200? i might be wrong but thats what i thought it was...

missllamathuen and southern_forest_drag make good points however so does wonka $50 aint much for the potential you have to make from this site alone, let alone other resources at ones desposal. You will make that $50 back from the sale of one snake or lizard.

missllamathuen and southern_forest_drag make good points however so does wonka $50 aint much for the potential you have to make from this site alone, let alone other resources at ones desposal. You will make that $50 back from the sale of one snake or lizard.

Add an extra dollar to the price of each snake and you'll come out ten bucks ahead if you sell the minimum 60 snakes required for a power seller account!

All seems a little over the top to me...
And like others have said this may repel people from advertising on here.
I agree with missllamathuen 100%

"What incentive is there for people to advertise here with these new restrictions when you can advertise at a certain popular website, in whatever quantity you like, for free? "i think alot of people have started turning to other sites now to advertise as it just costs too much for some people on here... iv noticed this with a few sponsors lately... some sites are free yet on here its what... 200? i might be wrong but thats what i thought it was...
what incentive is there for people to advertise on this site??
answer..your advertising on an only reptile site to reptile hobbiests that are looking to buy the reptile or reptile product that your selling.
im not wanting to offend anyone, but a few people need to sit back and think about what this site offers.
$50 to be a power seller for a 12 month period to sell as much as you like is a great deal. $50 isnt expensive when you think of how much you can sell and how much you would make from selling in this 12 month period.

admin.. is it possible to break up the membership of members into each australian state and overseas so that possible power sellers can see how many people(members) will be looking at advertisements that they may place. this may help them to see the value of how many members will be looking at their advertisement for a $50 power seller subscription

It cost me more just to put an Ad in my local crappy paper that only goes for 2 weeks and I get stuff all of a response from that!!!..... So I think people should stop bitching about it!! If you don't want to pay it then sell your stuff else where... Simple

Lewy

Last edited:
admin.. is it possible to break up the membership of members into each australian state and overseas so that possible power sellers can see how many people(members) will be looking at advertisements that they may place. this may help them to see the value of how many members will be looking at their advertisement for a $50 power seller subscription
Here are some statistics from our Google Analytics to give you a rough idea:

• Sydney: 35%
  • Brisbane: 23%
  • Melbourne: 15%
  • Adelaide: 5%
  • Perth: 3%
  • Richmond: 1%
  • Canberra: 1%
  • Cranbourne: 1%
  • Melton: 1%

thanks for the percentages. was really hoping that you could post actual numbers. ie, nsw 15789, qld 7099, sa 1136 ect. sorry this would be more work, but i think numbers would show possible power seller subscribers just how many people(members) would be looking at any advertisement they may place.

thanks for the percentages. was really hoping that you could post actual numbers. ie, nsw 15789, qld 7099, sa 1136 ect. sorry this would be more work, but i think numbers would show possible power seller subscribers just how many people(members) would be looking at any advertisement they may place.
This is really hard to do because not all members put their locations on their profiles. I could probably do a little data mining and work it out, but it wouldn't be easy to have this stat live-updated somewhere. I'll look into the former though.

It cost me more just to put an Ad in my local crappy paper that only goes for 2 weeks and I get stuff all of a response from that!!!..... So I think people should stop bitching about it!! If you don't want to pay it then sell your stuff else where... Simple

Lewy

i think most people will... lol

Funny how when there is something negative to say about APS all the troublemakers come out of the closet and whinge and moan about being infracted. If you just behaved yourself it wouldn't happen :)

i think most people will... lol
I don't think that this will happen, but seriously, If you think that things are done wrongly, I can speak for most of moderators............just leave..........It will be less work for our management if you do.:) You are one of the members who need constant attention of our team.

Sellers have already stopped advertising on here. I recently purchased something from a very well known breeder who is an active member of this site but he never advertised the animal on this site. The ad was on the other site previously referred to by others. Why??? You work it out.

I tend to agree with Dicky in that I can't see why someone who makes enclosures should be penalised. So can I ask what happens if say for arguments sake Johnny builds an enclosure for his personal use and posts up a few pics in a thread. Someone sees the pics and asks him to make one for them at a certain size, which he has no problem doing in his spare time. They then post pics of the "custom" enclosure Johnny made for them. Would Johnny be told he has to become a power seller??? Hardly seems reasonable.

How is this whole thing going to be policed? Surely you couldn't expect that this site would be the only site that people will advertise on so how is a mod going to be able to tell what quantities are sold through this site. Just because someone advertises they have 200 rats to sell doesn't mean they will all be sold here.

I really believe this idea needs a lot more thought before it is put into place. It has long been said that alot of the experienced keepers have left the site and it is flooded with relative new comers(nothing wrong with new comers - just wish the old heads were all still here). I think you risk making this an even bigger problem as more will go. Sadly though I get the feeling that this isn't of great concern to admin as long as the cash register is still singing.

All I can say is that our for sale section is more popular each month, and reason is the 16000 members checking the adds regularly. We definitely don't have any drop of advertisers or people checking our for sell forums.

Regarding the policing our new guidelines for power seller, we rely mostly on honesty of our members. If something is to obvious and people act in the breach of our guidelines, we will let them know.

One thing you guys forget. All this changes are done to help people who can't afford the sponsor account, but wanting to use for sale forums in bigger way.

APS will lose some sponsors due this change, for that reason we will be short on money we rely to pay our bills. That is why power seller account have to be charged.
Before we just stopped people to sell commercial quantity , now we are giving them chance to start to earn some cash for small fee. $ 35 extra.

I am closing this topic. Administration read all your input and the comments was carefully discussed.
We run this site for about 10 years and hope that our experience and judgement is well proven by now.

Thank you all for contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back