Reason for our controll on competitions here.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I received this PM today from one of our members. I thought that I will post this here to explain why APS have such a strict policy on competitions run on this site.
It is heard braking to see people compeete hard in comp and after all the effort to be done like this.
Moderators and Administration of this site always takes controll about coms runned on this site to avoid trouble like this.

We don't want to name the site in question and please don't try to name and shame in open forum if you know their name.
Read below.

tfor2
user_online.gif

Seller

tfor2
Hi Slateman. I didnt want to get in trouble so I thought I would check whether i could post the following thread. I havent personally named anyone but i guess its not hard to work out. I only wanted to post this hear in the hope that the person involved reads it ( i know he used to look at this site often) he thinks that he can do anything to anyone.
Here it is.

Bad people Reneging on Prizes

Im writing this thread in the hope that if the person involved reads it he can understand what "Good Ethics" are.
I won a snake on another reptile site (late last year), I came 1st in the footy tipping comp on that site and won an Olive Python which is something I have always wanted. The old owner of the site donated it & sold the site, but was still donating it (as far as everyone knew).
When we all realized that he had no intention of following through the new owner of the site & one of the mods felt terrible and did their best to offer me something they had. Unfortunately I already have what they could offer me and didn't want to expand any more with those species of snake, also I didn't see why they should have been placed out of pocket over the dodgy practices of another.
I have no wish to bag the site or the new owner as I think he is a pretty nice guy and the site seems to be run a lot better now.

So If you are reading this ........... and you know who you are I want you to realize the bad position you have put everyone in, and made a well run fun competition have an unhappy ending.
You should feel ashamed for leaving your old site in such a predicament.
I am an understanding person, if you had called or pm'd me if your circumstances had changed (as I know they can in life, and things go wrong for people) or even explained to everyone if there was a legitimate reason for reneging the prize, everyone would have understood, especially me!
BUT YOU DID NOTHING!
& lets not even mention the comp the year before where I got 3rd place and you had a falling out with the person who donated something and they left the site early on, you didn't even think to replace the prize you just let it go on, so I got nothing once again, I understood then didn't I?

No hard feelings to the new site or its owners or mods they will do well now you are gone, I will rejoin the footy comp and other comps on that site and others with no bad taste, as i know other sites and people don't do what you have done.

Just leaving you with this bit of advice.............
there are some wonderful reading materials around on good ethics, doing the right thing and how to win friends and influence people, Its obvious you haven't read any of them.

Admins remark;
This is post I received today. This post will explain to you why we don't let people to run comps on our site with out proper arrangements.
I just thought that this will be self explanatory and you will understand our position in this meter.
Thanks for understanding,
Administration.

We all know who he is talking about.

But so what. That was just poor management and dealing with someone who repeatedly does things like that.

It in no way means the same would happen here, especially when people offer to run a comp..

Edited by Admins. No need to name people here.

oh gosh i feel for you tfor2, and as for admin i understand your circumstances, and im sure many others will too. this is sad and shouldnt have happened.
im glad aps does the right thing

thats my say,

Nat ;)

We all know who he is talking about.

BTW Im a she...lol
And my intention was not to any site. It was to a particular person only.

PLease don't name people in this topic.

You have to understand that I am only Administrator here and really don't know reputation of individual members.
That is the reason I have to be informed first and take charge of any comp that is run on this site.
If people like to donate prices, we will organize the comp our self, and give credit to people for donation.
But we like to be in control and secure proper arrangements.

I know the site AND the person, and 90% of people on here would as well.

Im sorry for your loss, but def don't agree people can't run a photo comp or whatever on here for fear of that happening.

In the other site and owners defense I must say they are running it like that now. Remember he feels terrible about this, this is not his fault, And everyone else apart from one that donated prizes honored them.

But Slateman is correct, this is what can happen and measures need to be taken care of so that it doesnt happen.
This site in particular is very lucky to have reputable people like SXR working in conjunction with them, it makes a huge difference.

tfor2,

Your better off with out the Olive.

Someone else posted on this forum regarding two Olives
they had purchased from the very same person.

Both mite ridden, half dead and not feeding.
I think one even died?

Thanks Australis, its not about the Olive itself, I was happy before I won it and Im sure that life will go on long after not getting it... Its all about the way some people just cant be honest about things. Its disappointing to know that ethics dont mean much to some.
They mean alot to me

I hate to say this but most Forums are this way now...

I recently had a thread closed because i brought a snake and enclosure package from a non forum spnsor and everyone was asking me who they were etc etc and Slateman closed it saying it has got enough free plugs!!!!

I can understand why the Mods closed it and i am not bitter about it at all and it is a diffucult situation that you are alllways going to get when you advertise Paying Sponsorship memberships and stores that arent Sponsors recieve the free plugs. It gets hard and admin will find themselves in a no win situaution. It is a regular occurance and i suppose part of the everyday runnings of Public forums!!

My 2c anyway regards Paul. :)

Could someone PM the 'other reptile' site please? Just interested in other reptile forums.. Thanks

No I wont name the site if you dont already know.. Because the site is under new ownership now and its not a bad site... It was the old owner who did this, and only those who have been around for a while would know who it is, for the rest, it doesnt really matter.

I just might add i am a member of a few forums and APS from what i have seen are VERY professional and well run organisation and Slatemans thread regarding this topic was great in informing all us members into the procedure of competitions etc and what can happen sometimes!!! and the theres a downside to everything sometimes. :):)

tfor2, I'm not really interested in knowing how screwed you over & I read before that the site has changed ownership, I'm just interested in other reptile forums..you can never learn too much..

No I wont name the site if you dont already know.. Because the site is under new ownership now and its not a bad site... It was the old owner who did this, and only those who have been around for a while would know who it is, for the rest, it doesnt really matter.
Could someone PM me as I am always looking for another good forum site for information.
Have not been on here that long and do not know the site in question. PLease do not post the name on here.......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back