recommended breeders/suppliers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark351

Reaction score
Hi there
I am new to this site and have really enjoyed reading the posts here. I can't believe how much the herp hobby has evolved over the 5 years since I have kept reptiles.
I am settling down in a suitable job to be able to put the time back into keeping reptiles. I have been out of touch with a lot of the peole I met and havent really got much of an idea where to purchase reptiles these days. I am from South Australia and know of a few guys around, but there are also a few newies.
I have bought from Ultimate reptiles previously and had always received quality and healthy animals. I will be definately approaching Tim for more.
I see that Southern Cross reptiles have a great website. Does anyone own anything from there? I would not buy anything sight unseen (from earlier let downs from interstate imports), but it would be nice to get some opinions. I can't find a phone number on the website and can't access the email as I usually use my work computer which has web based email and won't open Microsoft 'outlook' automatically. If anyone could forward me a phone number or email address it would be much appreciated.
Any help with or recommendations for breeders also welcome.
I hope be re-endorsed to keep venomous reptiles again also, so any help there also appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark.
Southern Cross Reptiles are our major sponsor. I would not allowed this if they would be ureliable or dodgy in any way.
I have not purchased from them any reptiles, but many of our members did, and they compliment the services. So far they are well respected in herp circles.

I have purchased Womas, BHP's, Diamonds and other things from Southern Cross, their animals are second to none in my opinion. I also have animals from Roy Pails and they are very good also.
You want find a phone number on the Southern Cross site, contact is by email only, there is a 'send email' icon at the top right of the opening page of their website.

Yeah Tim,(URS) and Roy Pails,(Pails for scales) are both good blokes to deal with.

...and if you to look at the best listings in the known world (I might be a bit biased here but I do stand by what I say) check out the Herp Trader at the Herp Shop web site:http://www.herpshop.com.au

--
Herp Shop - http://www.herpshop.com.au
Make a herper friend very happy this Christmas with
10% off all Barefoot Bushman DVD's at the Herp Shop
BushTucker.gif
SolCroc.gif

i agree with what has been said, i havent purchased animals from those breeders but the big well known breeders are always the way to go!!! as for the herpshop, i get roaches from there and i must say they are great aswell, it arrives within a week and what i like best is that i dont have to pay until i recieve my purchase.

Herpshop is another sponsor of our. And same again, if we take somebody on board as sponsor, we stand behind them. Brian from Herpshop is running reputable business and they products are delivered all around Australia.

you can't go wrong with the crew of Southern cross reptiles, I recieved some juvie olives off them, they were in great condition, and they were very informative they sent the olives in a secure packaging for the flight.

Hi there Mark,
I have dealt with Brian at HerpShop great! Roy Pails is very helpfull And Tim from URS also easy and great to deal with. Joel Faustino and Roger Lester are also awesome breeders! I have bought everything from diamonds to womas and everything in between! These guys are all professionals and great helpful people! Good luck!
S.P.

P.S. I have also spoken to Southern Cross Reptiles on several occasions and have also found them pleasant and very helpful! I have not as yet purchased a reptile from them, but am eager to at some stage in the future! The problem is their stock is so popular, you got to get in quick, or you will miss out on the hot critters! Their reputation preceeds them.

Thanks for all the feedback, I cant contact Southern Cross through the "send email" icon as I work remotely and have web based email, even for work. Has anyone has noticed what the email address is when they contact through this icon?
Thanks again, MARK

There are a heap of breeders out there now, including guys like Shane from Aussie Pythons, Bigguy (Bob Whitey), and many others, just depends what your after and what price your thinkin of for your purchases.

[email protected]

mark351 said:
Thanks for all the feedback, I cant contact Southern Cross through the "send email" icon as I work remotely and have web based email, even for work. Has anyone has noticed what the email address is when they contact through this icon?
Thanks again, MARK

I have bought from, or are buying from almost every single breeder mentioned here, and all of them have delivered healthy animals (except those i am yet to recieve but i expect the same) and all have been etremely helpful. Although i also stand by many of the private hobby breeders, many private collections have quality healthy animals for sale and will still be as curteous as the professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back