Red Bellied Black Snake venom

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really..? That's pretty dangerous. Especially in a case like this where an early teen is interested in owning venomous snakes.

Fair enough Dave that you might be and act smarter than most people your age, but at the end of the day I don't think it is suitable for someone as young as 15 (or under 18) to be eligible to own them.

How ever I'm sure someone on here with RBB experience will be able to help you with your venom enquiry, if not do as hugsta says and join a local herp society.

Edit: Just read what you wrote about doing all the necessary courses etc. so kudos to you

I think anyone should be able to own them of any age well 10+ if they have done lots of courses and have proven them selves to someone experienced. Im 14 and would love a RBB and think i would be responsible enough with is. I know thats not what everyone else thinks, lot of people think all teenagers and irresponsible.

Ben

I think anyone should be able to own them of any age well 10+ if they have done lots of courses and have proven them selves to someone experienced. Im 14 and would love a RBB and think i would be responsible enough with is. I know thats not what everyone else thinks, lot of people think all teenagers and irresponsible.

Ben

That's because we have all been teenagers Ben, and we know exactly how teenagers think and most are irresponsible. It would only be a matter of time, with a few mates around, that you will pull it out and free handle it to 'show off' to your mates. Don't say you wouldn't, cause with a bit of peer pressure and your mates giving you heaps, it will eventually come out. I would most likely have done the same at a young age. Luckily for me, at your age, I was offered an RBB, it was free in those days, but my old man said no way, and TBH I am probably glad he did.

Yeah I'd probably agree with Hugsta. I know it's a pretty big generalisation and who knows maybe you personally wouldn't do that at all. However if you didn't do it then you'd be the exception rather than the rule. I know I probably would have at least once if I had them at your age

You don't have to be 18 to own one, but if you are under 18 you will need to show you are competent with vens. Other then the slighty restrictive schedules the vic system is great and I hope they don't impose anymore restrictions.

You don't have to be 18 to own one, but if you are under 18 you will need to show you are competent with vens. Other then the slighty restrictive schedules the vic system is great and I hope they don't impose anymore restrictions.

+1

I reckon just a few more choice species of varanids and geckoes allowed on the schedule and we pretty much have it sweet down here, even if we pay the most for our license lol.

+1

I reckon just a few more choice species of varanids and geckoes allowed on the schedule and we pretty much have it sweet down here, even if we pay the most for our license lol.

How much a year do u pay Red Ink?

I am yet to see any evidence that the Victorian lic. system leads to any more mishaps than in other more restrictive states.

Thanks Exotic_Doc appreciate it mate :) Wow an albino red belly, that would be quite a sight :D
Hey Ben, this might be a bit rich coming from me, but I dont think that a 14 or even a 15 year old should be owning a red belly.
I completely agree with what Hugsta said about the whole peer pressure aspect of it and I think that teenagers like you and me
would give into it way too easily. By all means do as much research as you want (thats what im doing right now :D) as it will really help you for when youre older, and you feel that you are mature and capable enough to own one.

I am yet to see any evidence that the Victorian lic. system leads to any more mishaps than in other more restrictive states.

Totally agree. More restrictions will only drive people to keep vens off license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back