Red brown tree snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ths is the mother of the animal that Michael bought from us.

Attachments

• wildviolet.jpg
    wildviolet.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 160
I really believed it was a wild one.......but I have also been told gullible is not in the dictionary too.....fantastic snake....be good to draw!

Thats one nice hatchling and mother is beauty also! :)

if it were true i wish i could just go down the creek and find one like that it would find its way into my pocket ha ha ha ( joking all those people that will flame me ooooch !!!)

Snappy little bastard.
It may have a bit (or a lot!) of Biak in it then. I'm not sure what other localities are snappy but certainly not the natives. Isn't that right Michael? Makes for a big change in temperament from what you're used to.

How old is it?

Bushman is correct, every animal that we have ever produced with some Biak blood in them are always extremely snappy as neonates and are exceptional feeders. All of the red neonates from that clutch ate unassisted on their first offering of a thawed velvet mouse.

The do quiet right down as adults in my experience however they are not pure Biaks so this may have something to do with it.

It's 4 months old.
Bushman, you're right about the natives - I was pealing off old bits of slough of the "not so blue" female, scratching with my finger nails, pulling the skin off over the heat-pits right around her mouth without restraining her. She wasn't happy about it but didn't attempt to bite. Try that with a Biak!

Hey, that's what I like to see. First day in his new home and eating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back