Red Naped Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you find some CB ones

that would be good I agree, but I never found anyone that had any captive furina, let alone that was breeding them..

When I was inquiring about them, all I came across were some furina ornata (orange naped snakes) could be legally accessed and taken from the wild by a licenced collector and freighted to NSW.

Problem with WC furina I heard, is the difficulty getting them onto pinkies... so rather than take the risk of getting animals taken from the wild and end up dying on me.. I thought the more sensible approach was to leave them be..

jordo said:
nvenm8, did it bite you? it looks very calm in the pics.
No it didn't bite but they are a bit jumpy, making false lunges. Once in my hand it was very placid.

Fuscus said:
snakesNT ( RIP ) used to offer pairs, was tempted but..
Also if you see one in the wild careful, the photo is NOT a Furina species but something more famous
Yep that was my first thought when i saw it, until i was able to consult the bible i treated it as such too.

I accidentally ran over a Red-naped Snake when i was on holidays at Barrington Tops a few months ago. I've never cried so much in my life :(

i ahve a red napped snake in a jar in metho, found it in a filter at my mums freinds pl;ace, nice looking snakes they are

Fuscus said:
snakesNT ( RIP ) used to offer pairs, was tempted but..
Also if you see one in the wild careful, the photo is NOT a Furina species but something more famous

What a gorgeous little snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back