Religious or Not - with Poll

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am:

• Religious - regardless of faith

Votes: 49 24.7%
  • Atheist - including agnostic

Votes: 149 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you researched what world problems Buddhism has caused? :p To my knowledge...not much directly. Just people wanting control and to eradicate them. (sp?)

by the way
im pretty sure buddhism isnt a religion
its a way of life
and theres a difference

Is herpetology a religion? Something you believe in and something to help guide you...?
I'm in that one!

No, I'm all about science. But then again, I believe in "mythical" creatures- like dragons (the fire breathing kind). How can one creature be in almost every civilisation when some had absolutely no contact with others?

No, I'm all about science. But then again, I believe in "mythical" creatures- like dragons (the fire breathing kind). How can one creature be in almost every civilisation when some had absolutely no contact with others?

I dont get it, you believe in dragons:rolleyes: Are you actually serious about that
You realise that in asian cultures dragons dont breath fire, and they are considered to have the persona of a dog.

Druid and proud of it, it's a religion, a faith, a life path based on a love of nature, a love of life and all to do with it, and to a large degree,they were the first conservationists!!!!

Atheist means 'lack of religion'...not that you practice anything.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
a·the·ist Audio Help /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ey-thee-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
Ok, by the dictionary definition maybe.

You say lack of religion. I say it doesn't even enter into the picture. That's what I'm getting at.

by the way
im pretty sure buddhism isnt a religion
its a way of life
and theres a difference

technically a buddhist is an atheist.
there is no supreme supernatural being....
and to paraphrase sloth, it deals with the "why" not the "how"

one would also have to consider most "spiritual" people, all pagans as atheist too, as there is no definate "theism"

Calling buddism and paganism atheists is a bit of a stretch. They are a pantheism beleif systems which belongs within theism not outside of it. Theists dont need to beleive in a single or multiple gods, just something supernatural.

Slateman,

Lets be honest now, though you may love those three things, good meal, beer, and sex.

I have seen pictures of you and lets face it, you are really only getting two of the aforementioned.

Actually hang on, i think i am the same ... damn

Yeah Not wrong. But I wish for complete package.:D

Im sick of people knocking on my door telling me what I should believe in
Once some guy was preaching on a main street, yelling out how god loves every one, then right after that, as I turned down the flier he offered me, started yelling at me that I was going to bun in hell!? So if this god you speak of loved everyone, then why would he let me burn in hell? seems a bit unreasonable
btw I was about 7 or 8 when this happened, trying to scare me into religion.

Ha Ha Last time I have visit from beautiful women. She was so convincing.
I nearly turn to be religious. She was looking like Madonna.
They are after dirty old man now I think. Great selling technique.:D

Dan the reptile man - it may not be the best thing to have Christians force their ideals on you, but at least we live in a place and time where we are lucky enough to have a choice to be given the opportunity to look at all religions, study them and choose for ourselves, not everyone is that fortunate.
I wouldn't knock any persons beliefs or disbeliefs IMHO, everyone is entitled to their own. when my children were young, I actually was a church-goer, I allowed them the chance to stay home or come with me, they chose for themselves. They did come for a while, but Inever once made them go, or stay home, I believe it's important that every person should have the right to form their own ideals.
As is the Druidic way, its a case of live and let live.
You, at a young age, were exposed to these people who gave you a taste of what christianity was about, and you chose not to follow, as we all should be allowed to do.

Dan the reptile man - it may not be the best thing to have Christians force their ideals on you, but at least we live in a place and time where we are lucky enough to have a choice to be given the opportunity to look at all religions, study them and choose for ourselves, not everyone is that fortunate.
DITTO!

I am a muslim and I don't discuss my religion with anyone who has not begun the conversation. I don't have any problem talking about my beliefs when asked or defending it when unfairly judged. I also do not like it when other people try to force their beliefs on me. I get offended when people feel the need to try to convert me to atheism and this happens a lot more than religious groups trying to convert me. People feel they have the right to discuss religion with me because I wear a scarf I have been sitting on a bus and had a guy come sit next to me and say "I'm am atheist" and look at me confrontingly. I was like so... whatever. Every action I do I am judged by people who say that must be a muslim thing, I am like everybody else I make mistakes they are mine not my religions. I also hate when people do bad things in the name of my religion. Just the opposite side of the coin I guess, I do not judge people based on their religion either I judge them based on personal merit, 90% of my friends are christians, atheists or agnostic.

Well thanks to everyone for keeping this on track and not having it erupt into slagcity.

hopefully we will get a few more votes, but otherwise that is a good little sample set

Religion comes down to FAITH so in saying that what ever your FAITH is and if it works for you thats all that is needed no religion is wrong no religion is right its what you do as the believer that is the most important part of what you believe in ............ as the old saying goes treat others as you want to be treated yourself ...

Atheism Proved

Hitchhikers guid to the galaxy on God and the Babel fish

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. Q.E.D."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

No religious affiliations for me. I gave up imaginary friends when i was about 9. Strong enough to walk without a crutch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back