Religious or Not - with Poll

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am:

• Religious - regardless of faith

Votes: 49 24.7%
  • Atheist - including agnostic

Votes: 149 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
my honest opinion is that religion has caused all of the worlds problems.

therefore i dont understand them and that makes me not like any and choose to live life to the fullest not knowing what tomorow will bring

Have you researched what world problems Buddhism has caused? :p To my knowledge...not much directly. Just people wanting control and to eradicate them. (sp?)

Hehe....that did suprise me when I researched it. Completely different to what stereotypes and media portray it to be...

Haha yeah, people tend to be very misinformed when it comes to satanism.

I clicked Atheist/Agnostic.

Well that's ok ...maybe he'll cast a plague of Locusts at you & you'll be able to get incredibly
rich from selling them to lizard keepers. :)
pfft,i dont belive in god that much,who knows there could b no such thing as god! u cant really tell

They say the bible is the greatest story ever told and to be fair it started off pretty good with a nude chick and then there was this big snake which is real cool.
Then from memory there was two sons to Eve with one stabbing the other then ( although it doesn’t say this ) he must have had sex with his mother which was just too disturbed for uncle Pilbara to read any more.
Thats where bible study is good have a read of Genesis 5:4 will explain a lot .
And im one of Jehovahs Witnesses and very happy to be so.

Sloth , re your last sentence.
There's also the concept that the 'supernatural' & the 'evolutionary' run parallel .
That is that a spirit inhabits a body . The spirit originating from a separate source to the
genetic entity/body , And that these two separate things got stuck together to form the dichotomy
we now call the Human-Being ,

Ok as said, existentialism etc, is a belief system around why. That is completely philosophical it is not a question of how. Which is what theism or atheism question is.

Thus you can be what ever you want with regards to the philosphical reasoning, but at the end of the day, you are essentially an atheist or a theist.

Thus it doesnt matter if you consider yourself to have more in common with a theist because of your philosophy to the why, or ethics or what have you.
The poll is about whether you believe in the supernatural ID principle or the evolutionary princple of atheistic views.

Again everybody please keep it civil

Sloth , re your last sentence.
There's also the concept that the 'supernatural' & the 'evolutionary' run parallel .
That is that a spirit inhabits a body . The spirit originating from a separate source to the
genetic entity/body , And that these two separate things got stuck together to form the dichotomy
we now call the Human-Being ,

What an interesting yet somehow absurd conclusion. May i ask why you feel this?

What an interesting yet somehow absurd conclusion. May i ask why you feel this?

Not absurd at all . Most religions actually work along those lines.
There's a body , it dies eventually then the spirit goes wherever.....to heaven , to Ala , to go & get another body , or hust hangs around old castles or sit on moon.

Also , I didn't say that I necessarily 'feel' this . It's just a concept , but actually it's the basic premise of most religions.

The question probably is ....Do you think you're a sentient being/spirit that is animating a body or do you think that you ARE the body , a peice of meat , albeit a complex one.
Religions come & go , so I don't see them as that important in the overall question really.

Religion is a system designed to control the masses in order to dictate what path to take. Look every person killed in the name of god or allah.

They are all an excuse!

People have been killed over the years just to proove whos country is better than whos, so religion is only one excuse to kill each other.... Mind you im athiest, I dont believe in any higher power blah, but religion has good and bad influences on people. Some just take it way out of context and overdo it and believe people who dont believe deserve to be punished. Isnt the bible supposed to be just guidelines?
Murder, etc isnt that big of a sin anyways. Otherwise ALL animals are going to hell, and were just animals too........
Why cant everyone just get over the petty difference crap, im a so called "goth" so i am tired of being a outsider from the colour of clothes, when i dont harm anybody. Religion is the same deal, it doesnt make anyone better or worse than another. Untill some start trying to convert u to whatever, then the claws come out.

Being in a religion and being religious are two different things... see im not particularly religious but im not an atheist either, not enough vote options imo

Im my personal opinion, religion is for those that are looking for something to beleive in. I am not religious (never been christened, never been to Sunday school etc,). I hate the fact that god botherers come to my door to preach to me and tell me, "You should give god a chance". Yeah right. What has he done for me lately?

Haven't seen him offer me a free dinner or a ride to work. If he ever proves he exists, he can SAFO!

Im my personal opinion, religion is for those that are looking for something to beleive in. I am not religious (never been christened, never been to Sunday school etc,). I hate the fact that god botherers come to my door to preach to me and tell me, "You should give god a chance". Yeah right. What has he done for me lately?

Haven't seen him offer me a free dinner or a ride to work. If he ever proves he exists, he can SAFO!

Spot on, im with you
Its worse when they invade schools, especially primary schools, when I was little we had to sit through 1 and a half hours of christians forcing their opinions and religion down our throat.
They even wasted 50 minutes of my life just a year ago in year 11, and gave us all a bible which we had to take because other wise they would be offended?!
what the ?!
Offended that we have our own opinion? different to yours?
does it matter that you have offended me forcing some crap on me?

I have a few religous friends, dont mind them when they are just normal people leaving me alone, we have a good debate about it now and then, just defending our points, no attempted conversions, no harm done.

sorry if iv offended you, feel free to try and slag off hard scientific evidence:D
you have your religion, thats cool, but when you start to force it on me, it [deleted] me off
just expressing my frustration and opinion lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back