Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andynic07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was speaking to a lady at the reptile expo today that feeds her blackheaded pythons fish , rats and quail because the fish and quail are low fat content. I have a woma and I am worried about fatty liver disease later in his life and was wondering if anybody has given their woma fish before.

Just don't feed extra large rats and you'll be fine. Keep them under 250g and don't feed too often. Fish isn't necessary. They don't get it in the wild

im curious on this fish with bhp what type of fish do they feed and how do they do it because i like to keep my bhp on a mix of foods i give him rats for main and every now and then ill throw in a quail but his only a baby at the moment 4months old.. and he gets what my olive doesn't eat trying to switch him to rat but wont get on them..

im curious on this fish with bhp what type of fish do they feed and how do they do it because i like to keep my bhp on a mix of foods i give him rats for main and every now and then ill throw in a quail but his only a baby at the moment 4months old.. and he gets what my olive doesn't eat trying to switch him to rat but wont get on them..
She is a breeder from Ipswich and she said that she usually buys poddy mullet or small whiting and feeds as usual. I would be a bit worried about the fish going down the wrong way and causing damage but she has had no problems.

I agree with Saximus, no need to feed fish, just feed several smaller,leaner rats instead of a fatty large or XL rat. One word of curious with feeding them fish, I used to give my female childreni the occasional mullet when I was low on cash and for some variety, if you think day old chicks smell bad on the way out, you're in for a sensory experience hahaha

My BHP's have stinkier poo on day old chicks then they do on fish - actually they don't poo all that much after a fish feed,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back