reptile removal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
does any one know if you need a licence to catch and release snakes.
Iv had alot of people ring me asking to remove a snake(mostly carpets) or they will kill it. Iv removed the snakes and let the go in places where theres no snakes.
I want to know if this is legal or not?

I believe you actually need a seperate licence to do this but I reckon the department would have to be pretty sick, ( I wanted to say something stronger), to penalise you for this.

Well..the answer to your question is yes.
Legally you do need a catch and release permit....and public liability insurance...thats a whole other story.
If you are only moving carpet snakes..I don't really think any one is going to mind.I would not try to relocate anything really dangerous like a brown just in case you were bitten.Then you might find yourself in a lot of pain and a lot of legal problems.
I was asked to catch a red belly black a couple months back,which I did rather than see it be killed.

well then sarah keep to yourself about it and dont let to many people know you are doing this :D

thats the problem i live in a small town full of gossips so everyone knows ido this i even have people bringing snakes to me because they think i can keep them short of changing my phone number and moving house theres not much i can do

thats cool
My uncle knows some guys that kill turtles that get caught in there dams.
I was going to write a letter to the NPWS and see if i could relocate them.

no but i will just take a week or so off anyway me and some friends are doing it at feather dale wildlife park near blacktown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back