reptile removal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
African,

I've been wondering whether WIRES is national too. I've been checking it out on the internet for the past week odd, and can't find anything to indicate that it operates outside NSW. I'm going to try and email them and see what their affiliates / equivalents in other states are.

Mel x

contacted npws but the guy in our office is abit strange and i cant get any sense out of him ill contact the state office tommorow and will aoso ask about wires

up here in qld we have bush babies and wildlife cares but they do really teach you anything a snake handling course would be great for me

africancichlidau said:
Good onya Mel baby :) First one to find out tells the other OK?

need to contact parks and wildlife afro they can give you numbers to put you on the right track.

No Wires is just NSW based, but I am sure there are other rescue organisation's in other states.

There is at the moment people trying to put together an umbrella group for all the wildlife organisations in Australia. The National Wildlife Carers conference being held at Penrith panthers on the 26th, 27th and 28th of this month will be broaching this topic. As you can imagine there is some opposition.
Peter

Neil's right WIRES is NSW based but there are equivalences of WIRES volunteer work in all other states.
The numbers I was given for you guys are:

VIC - Wildlife Care 0500 540 000
QLD - Wildlife Care 07 5527 2444

Hope this helps, its always good to see more keen wildlife rescue volunteers out there :)

I did my work experience at taronga zoo....they let you choose what sector you want to work in and naturally i chose reptiles. Its great because you meet heps os passionate herpers and get to work with animals that you cant keep in australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back