Reptile Smuggling on 7pm Project

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the size of the snake? As if anyone could successfully smuggle one that big into the country. Sounds a bit far fetched, but as Jamie says, its good to see such reports on TV to keep the smugglers aware of the fact that they will get caught, one day.

Bugga ... I watch Home & Away :p

I use to be over-obsessed with this show. But ever since I started looking for my first python, about 4 years ago, I just suddenly lost interest in it. I was more interested in sitting at my computer surfing for reptile news than to watch the show I could not bare to miss one minute of.

I guess if it's the 7pm Project Joy, that should give you a clue...

It always interests me that those who smuggle (and get caught) are hung out to dry by the self-righteous, who are always first in line to get their hands on the smuggled goods - Jags, albino Blackheads, Granites, Zebras... they're queuing up to pay thousands for these things... such grand hypocrisy!

Fortunately I don't like morphs!

Jamie

Yet they will announce on a TV camera that smuggled animals are always euthanised.

Last edited:
Jamie you need only look at the price some Aussie herps fetch overseas. I spend a lot of time OS so I know what the prices are first hand. There are a number of other factors but I have better things to do than explain them here.

I would have thought our natives would be readily available over there, more than the morphs are here.

if the show is about reptile smuggling why then did the ad show a monkey among other non reptilian animals? Or is that a new exotic morph of a ball python?

They didn't advertise it was about reptile smuggling. They said "animal smuggling" and happened to show a nice big fat python - a boa or burmese I guess it was?

if the show is about reptile smuggling why then did the ad show a monkey among other non reptilian animals? Or is that a new exotic morph of a ball python?

On the clip I saw there was a large exotic snake and a pair of either asper or amyae, I only caught the end of it so it may be on animal smuggling in general rather then just reptiles. We will soon find out.

Watch out Gordo! I think you've got a stalker... :)!

Seen any tree trunks with feet moving on your front lawn or bunches of leaves moving unexpectedly...?

J

And here i was thinking they were drop bears lol.

Can't quite work out why they felt the need to use my full name, felt kinda like when my mother tells me off lol.

And here i was thinking they were drop bears lol.

Can't quite work out why they felt the need to use my full name, felt kinda like when my mother tells me off lol.

I think that's exactly what it was, because he thinks you're a very naughty boy and probably deserve a good smack! :)

J

OK, but you have to pay your own fare up there, and you have to post photos...

J

I would have thought the focus of the program would be on people smuggling native reptiles out of the country. You would make a lot more doing that than smuggling in the odd morph.

Apart from Jungles there are better quality Aussie reptiles being sold from captive bred parents in every country on Earth
There are one or two lizards and locale specific snakes that would command big dollars but 99% of Aussie reptiles are much cheaper in USA and Europe than they are in Aus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back