reptile vets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Reaction score
hey guys im in the se suburbs of vic and am getting my first snake hopefully within a week and was just wondering if anyone knew of any good reptile vets around the area just incase it would be good to have a number on the fridge :) thanks guys

brendan carmel is in warranwood, the girl that fills in for him when he's on holidays is good apparently :p

the number is 9879 0900. i would be asking how to get in contact with this girl.

Last edited:
why didnt you just tell me that when i asked you silly lol

brendan carmel is in warranwood, the girl that fills in for him when he's on holidays is good apparently :p

the number is 9879 0900. i would be asking how to get in contact with this girl.

she wasnt that good when i went a year or two ago, i had to tell her what the problem was and how to fix it. maybe its someone new?

Australian Herp Vets Have a look on here, havn't had to use one yet either but it is always good to be prepared

just a quick note, this site lists peter cameron in altona... im pretty sure he retired. ring anyway to double check. but last time i tried to get in contact with his office, the lady said he retired. i think there is still a reptile vet there though. but i dont know if he/she lives up to peters reputation? anybody have any more information on this?

I've had reptiles as pets for the past 40 years, and a couple of years ago met up with the best herp vet ever.....Sasha Herbert at Lort Smith Animal Hospital, North Melbourne. She's an exotic vet and is brilliant.....she really knows her stuff.....and also very experienced. Not only that, she also handles & treats your precious pet reptile with TLC (tender loving care). I've been more than impressed in her knowledge & skills of treating my pet reptiles, incl. turtles, carpet pythons, lace monitor & my Freshie (Crocodile). I highly recommend her.....she's brilliant, & also very approachable. And if, by chance, you're unable to get an appt. with Sasha, there is also another good herp vet on staff, Tristen. I hope that helps you.

I live in north Queensland in Tully, Tully is between Townsville and Cairns Tully has a small vet and the vets in there know a little bit about reptiles, and they are not very helpful there does anyone know if there a good reptile vet in Cairns or Townsvile

Hi Ellie,
Dr. Shane Simpson is very good, he is in Frankston, may be closer for you than the others.

hey guys that helps alot as im trying to get into lort smith doing volunteer work with them as i wanna do vet and i got to melbourne uni so its walking distance when i go it for my initiation night ill sus those two out, thanks heaps and yer frankston isnt that from me id be happy to make the drive ayway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back