Reptile Wardrobes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanm

Reaction score
So I was sick of the my reptile and invert area of the room looking like a mess (as seen in this before photo) and my cat jumping on top of cages.

Before:

DSC_0485.jpg

So after having a look at racks and other enclosure options, I decided to convert some wardrobes to store everyone and everything in. I already had an Aneboda wardrobe from Ikea, so I measured that up and it seemed like something I could work with. So a quick trip to Ikea and I was proud owner of two new flat packed wardrobes.

DSC_0487.jpg

Then the fun began, got them both put together then headed off to Bunnings to get a couple of extra shelves cut. Then set about modifying the wardrobes with some ventilation and power cord access.

DSC_0488.jpg

After a little bit of blood from the Hole Saw and many, many holes cut everything was done, and it was time to move everyone into their new homes. (First one is my original wardrobe, which is still being used for clothes, hence no ventilation).

DSC_0492.jpgDSC_0494.jpgDSC_0495.jpg

First picture inhabitants are Broadbanded Sandswimmer on bottom shelf, Nephrurus Levis on the middle shelf and Nephrurus Amyae on the top shelf.

Second picture inhabitants are storage on the bottom shelf, scorpions on the middle shelf and stick insects and mantids on the top shelf.

Hopefully that level of ventilation will be enough, but I will check what the ambient temperatures are getting up to and if they are too high I will add some 12v fans to a few of the ventilation holes to suck new air in and blow the hot air out.

I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. All in all a productive weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back