Reptiles Australia magazine - no more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sad to see it go.. I never subscribed to RA (or Scales and Tails) but have bought every magazine of both publications since issue one.

Its sad to see it go, however without support things will fail, it is not one person to blame, it is a combination of events that would lead to this. Alex loved the magazine, he worked hard at it, but when the reptile community stop supporting something for whatever reason, due to the fact we are a "small" community, there will be flow on effects.

It's hard to support magazine that's never on time, 3 issues per year instead of 6 and as some people say - subscription been paid but no mags delivered. I think the community had very valid reason not to support it. I liked Alex a lot and we always got on well but there is a better way to fold up business then disappear into oblivion.

Will i get a refund im only 13 and money dosent grow on trees i paid for $60 worth of magazines and only recived $30 worth i want a refund or something

Will i get a refund im only 13 and money dosent grow on trees i paid for $60 worth of magazines and only recived $30 worth i want a refund or something

Mate there is no point asking for a refund here, no one here can help you. Best to put it down to experience - unfortunately.

If the company has gone into receivership, then there will obviously be huge bills Alex can not afford, I highly doubt anyone will receive $60 back,

I hope that the reason the magazine has gone down the shoot is to do with Alex going bankrupt instead of a pack up and run,

People need to understand that hundreds of company's went down with the gfc (whether or not it officially hit aus) it defiantly had an impact here.

I would just cut my loss with $60,

Scorps

they rang me a few months ago asking to resubscribe and never got a new issue again

A few months ago I though Alex may be struggling, so offered to buy the magazine.
I did get a response saying he's not interested in selling. I know of at least one other person who has also tried to buy it . Very strange.

Be careful last time I mentioned that I didnt get thanks for something on this site I got flamed...some people dont understand that courtesy is a good thing.

Its sad to see it go, however without support things will fail, it is not one person to blame, it is a combination of events that would lead to this. Alex loved the magazine, he worked hard at it, but when the reptile community stop supporting something for whatever reason, due to the fact we are a "small" community, there will be flow on effects.

Yes and no. You can't expect people to simply support something reptile orientated to keep it afloat - the business needs to be structured so they are providing a quality product that is in demand, and market it on that, rather than on charity. There has been many, many people try and cash in on the industry only to have it fail, whether it be setting up reptile product stores (both online and offline), display businesses (how many people have tried to copycat what we do?), breeding rodents etc - the same goes with magazines. They were dominant in the market originally as they simply had no challengers, and within two years of Scales and Tails being on the market, they have folded. I know the whole Scales and Tails team personally and what they do isn't groundbeaking - it's simply a lot of organisation, effort and hard work.

It's definitely a shame that they have folded, and sadly I think it is also a sign that the herp hobby is plateauing right now, but I also think it could have been avoided with some business sense.

I think it is also a sign that the herp hobby is plateauing right now, but I also think it could have been avoided with some business sense.

You are being optimistic Jonno, the hobby is on a downward spiral and going fast. But it's another topic, I don't want to spoil this one.

so is there anyway to buy back issues?

I think they moneys collected would head for someones pocket rather than sending out merchandise hornet

so what would happen to all of the left over mags, destroyed?

What makes you say it's on a downward spiral?

You are being optimistic Jonno, the hobby is on a downward spiral and going fast. But it's another topic, I don't want to spoil this one.

What makes you say it's on a downward spiral?

Off the topic here Anouc. Start a new thread and I tell you what I think but not now.

Now is my relaxation time. LOL

wine.jpg

LOL, OK fair enough, I wouldn't want to spoil your "me time".

sad to see it go guys. Is there anywayz to buy back issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back