Reptiles Australia magazine - no more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very sad to see it go, I knew Alex had problems with the printers but I never expected this to happen, I always thought there was enough of a market in aus for two magazines but I guess I was wrong.
Anyone who knows Alex knows that he would never intentionally let anyone down.
Dont hold your breath to get your money back for outstanding subscriptions as when a company goes into voluntary administration or similar, any money left is tied up for a long time.
Alex, I hope everything works out mate and best of luck for the future.

What about major sponsors who would have paid money for advertising in upcoming magazines/s?

Has the VHS lost money for advertising the upcoming reptile expo in Melbourne early next year?

i got a subsciption for this year and i recieved only two magazine they are pethitic they sent my first one and its serpost to be like evry 3 months or something when they come and we had to call up for them to send me second anyway the mags are great so diserpointing there not still going

How long since they have been no more - my daughter paid for a subscription about a week ago - it all went through ok.
By the sounds of it she has been ripped off big time....because if they have ceased to be , then it should NOT have gone through...
She now has to come up with another xmas present

How long since they have been no more - my daughter paid for a subscription about a week ago - it all went through ok.
By the sounds of it she has been ripped off big time....because if they have ceased to be , then it should NOT have gone through...

same thing here paula , paid for it ages ago via money order and it was only processed about a week ago

How did she pay? Credit Card?

If so, lodge a card dispute with your bank. It will be refunded.

The funny part is, no one knows what's happening. Is the company still operating? Is it in liquidation? Is Alex playing funny games?
Last Saturday, I received (and other authors) my two unpublished articles that were with RA for some time with the advice from the Editor to publish them elsewhere because there is not going to be another issue of RA released. The Editor no longer works for RA and NO ONE heard from Alex for several months, despite numerous email and telephone messages sent to him.
Strange, strange, strange.

I agree Michael, I have tried sending Alex several emails and have left several voice mail messages over the last couple of months with no reply. In the past if I had left a message for him, he would respond within a couple of days. He doesn't owe me money or product so i find it very odd not to hear from him.

Like most here, I am extremely disappointed RA has ceased operations.

When I joined the VHS many months ago, as part of my membership fees I was given the choice of subscriptions, either S&T or RA. As I was unfamiliar with both publications ( no newsagents out my way get either of them in stock ) I opted for RA, simply because it was very obvious to me it was for the 'Australian' herpetologist community.
Like others here, I received one (1) issue and have been waiting VERY patiently for the next..... at least I know not to get my hopes up when I go into town and collect my mail!

So, there were MANY VHS members who would have made RA their subscription choice. No doubt all those funds are *gone* so transferring subs to S&T wouldn't be an option....

Really poor the way this has been handled.
I have personally wound-up a business verging on bankruptcy.... there are ways to do it "right" that can maintain ones reputation and integrity.

the advice from the Editor to publish them elsewhere because there is not going to be another issue of RA released. The Editor no longer works for RA

maybe a disgruntled former employee making the statements, but, in any case if he don't work there any more, should he be handling articles submitted? i think not

No Bensen, nothing like that. How would you be if you couldn't get in touch with your employer for months, all your efforts to communicate ignored, etc, etc.. John left the job (it wasn't actually an employee, he was on contract I believe) gracefully and it was very decent of him to return unpublished material to the authors. Had it been left up to Alex, we would have got nothing. By the way, John didn't make any statements and unfortunately, neither did Alex the Publisher.

I subscribed and never received one issue. Very disapointing.

Same here about 10 months ago. I also ordered back issues that came promptly, but never got a single new issue. Must have been dire problems if they were taking our money and not giving us our copies. No wonder it failed. I just kissed my $60 good buy and continued to buy them from the newsagent. What other choice did I have. And yes the money was taken off my credit card for the subscription plus back issues.
As long as scales and tails keeps going I'm happy. They seem much more professional to deal with.

Same here about 10 months ago. I also ordered back issues that came promptly, but never got a single new issue. Must have been dire problems if they were taking our money and not giving us our copies. No wonder it failed. I just kissed my $60 good buy and continued to buy them from the newsagent. What other choice did I have. And yes the money was taken off my credit card for the subscription plus back issues.
As long as scales and tails keeps going I'm happy. They seem much more professional to deal with.

All purchases made on credit are covered by your bank.

All purchases made on credit are covered by your bank.

What do you mean by that? If you make a purchase through your credit card, it's your decision and if it's a wrong one, the bank has no obligation. If you don't receive the goods you paid for, it's a dispute between you and the seller, nothing to do with the bank unless you stop the payment. 10 months is a bit too late to stop the payment.

What do you mean by that? If you make a purchase through your credit card, it's your decision and if it's a wrong one, the bank has no obligation. If you don't receive the goods you paid for, it's a dispute between you and the seller, nothing to do with the bank unless you stop the payment. 10 months is a bit too late to stop the payment.
Purchases made on a credit card are protected by your bank. This means if you make a purchase on CREDIT that you dont receive, or receive and it is faulty, or does not do what it was intended to do can be disputed.

Meaning, the bank will conduct an investigation into the transaction. The end result is you will be refunded. So no.... it goes further than a simple dispute between you and the seller Michael.

Also Michael, once you authorise a payment on a credit card you have no power to STOP the payment. The only person who can stop the payment is the seller, not even the bank can STOP a payment being processed once an authorisation is given.

Purchases made on a credit card are protected by your bank. This means if you make a purchase on CREDIT that you dont receive, or receive and it is faulty, or does not do what it was intended to do can be disputed.

Meaning, the bank will conduct an investigation into the transaction. The end result is you will be refunded. So no.... it goes further than a simple dispute between you and the seller Michael.

Also Michael, once you authorise a payment on a credit card you have no power to STOP the payment. The only person who can stop the payment is the seller, not even the bank can STOP a payment being processed once an authorisation is given.

It isn't free to open up a dispute though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back