Reptiles Australia magazine - no more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Jamie,
Thanks and same to you. Utah is a bit warmer than usual at the moment, and looks to stay that way for the next week and a half. We may even get rain just after Christmas. But, it is also around 0˚C, so not that warm. It's all relative, right? I would rather be in Aus right now, though.
Cheers,
Justin

You did hear corredtly Waterrat - my daughter paid for a subscription about 2-3 weeks ago ( was supposed to be a xmas pressie )
She paid via paypal and lodged a claim with them...

The same thing here.
Did you know that the Reptiles Australia P/L was deregistered in March this year? Did I hear correctly that they accepted subscription payments as late as two week ago?

ASIC Free Company Name Search

It is a fair shame that the mag is apparently no more, I loved it, but I had no idea how badly people have been ripped off!! I was intending on subscribing, as well as buying back issues and the binders, but I guess sending money to these people is risky. I obtained vol 1 iss 1 recently and would love to complete the collection.
I don't understand why moneys were still being taken and not returned, it appears that this guy needs a good kick up the bot bot.

This guy is totally dodgy, my girlfriend paid for a subscription yesterday. He should not be taking money from people if the magazine is no longer. i hope he gets wot he deserves, obviously ripped a lot of people off.

Michael, I had a similar experience with no communication whatsoever about submitted manuscripts. At least now, I know why, and won't take it personally.
Of course now, S&T will be swamped with submissions - this doesn't bode well for the industry in terms of a competitive market, because now, it's S&T or nothing (not that I am at all unhappy with S&T, Joy et al do a great job!)
Do you know why RA opted out of the market?
V

Sadly, the magazine that started servicing the herp community many years ago and once enjoyed the monopoly on the reptile publications market is gone. It's a great loss to all of us but also a reminder how important it is now to support Scales & Tails, the only surviving reptile magazine. Perhaps the word "surviving" is not a best choice of words because S&T are actually thriving thanks to their professional management and enthusiasm.

On a personal note, I supported RA for many years with my articles and photographs and in the end I didn't even get "thanks and good by" from the publisher Alex Lannan and I wasn't the only one. For some reason he decided not to respond to any emails and phone calls for the last few months and sadly, there are still some unsettled issues between us. Not very honorable way to exit.

The Reptiles Australia Editor John McGrath was kind enough to return all unpublished material to all contributors and will not hesitate to forward my articles to S&T next week.

Cheers
Michael Cermak

Michael, I had a similar experience with no communication whatsoever about submitted manuscripts. At least now, I know why, and won't take it personally.
Of course now, S&T will be swamped with submissions - this doesn't bode well for the industry in terms of a competitive market, because now, it's S&T or nothing (not that I am at all unhappy with S&T, Joy et al do a great job!)
Do you know why RA opted out of the market?
V

Will PM you shortly.

We paid for a new subscription through Paypal, so after reading this I've called Paypal to do dispute resolution. They will be contacting RA to see what's happening. If you want your money back and you paid through paypal this is your best option to recover your $60.00

im shocked to hear its gone under i enjoyed reading it , we were receiving it through our subscription with VHS.

subscriptions.

My daughter renewed my subscription as a christmas present, now it seems she has lost her money. Would have been nice if it could have been returned.
If anyone has any info as to what it would take to get the mag up & going again I would like to talk to them. I own a printing business & would be happy to help out if I could.

I agree. It was a good magazine. It's just a shame that so many people got ripped off over the last 12 months. It was a very sad way for it to leave the scene and left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.
cheers
Joy

Last edited:
Well i am proud to say i am now supporting Scales & Tails with my new subscription!

We won't be hearing another sad story about letting another good mag go downhill!

Can you subscribe online or do you have to print of a form and send it in?

Can you subscribe online or do you have to print of a form and send it in?

At this stage you need to print off the subscription form and either email or fax it to me. Alternatively, you can give me a call on (07) 3389 8275 and organise it over the phone. Back orders are also available.

Well i am proud to say i am now supporting Scales & Tails with my new subscription!

We won't be hearing another sad story about letting another good mag go downhill!

We're delighted to have you as one of our subscribers.

cheers
Joy

That is a shame, it was a great mag. Does anyone know where i can get hold of back issues? Would newsagents still have copies that weren't sold?

I have a heap of unread doubles if you send me a TXT on 0458181008 with which ones your looking for. you can have them for $2 ea plus postage.

I wonder if Alex will be king enough to refund the subscription fees that where only paid recently ?

Don't hold your breath, They did me too and I subscribed at the start of Sept 2010. just after the last issue. I hope they read this and do the right thing by their loyal customers. I subscribed to them for 4 years!

I have vol 3 issues1, 2, 3, 5 left.

To everyone who got ripped off, i placed a complaint with Victorian Consumer affairs. PLEASE PLEASE do the same. Give them a call (I don't have their number with me) they send you a form to fill out.
again, PLEASE do so

all issues sold pending payment.

THE PHONE NUMBER FOR VICTORIAN CONSUMER AFFAIRS IS 1300558181. IF YOU HAVE LOST MONEY PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THEM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back