Respitory Infections in Ackies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortum is a far more effective drug, targeting much more gram negative germs than Baytril. The only trouble with Fortum is that once you add water to it, it only lasts 14 days. The trick is to place the Fortum into a few syringes and freeze it. Thaw it as you need it and then freeze again. Lasts much longer this way.

"Freerider, not that i like sticking things with needles, however i believe it to be more effective in treatment in most cases, in regards to your 'Ackies', it would less stress not to have to open their mouths. The injection, as long as its adminstered properly, you know their getting the full dose, ask your vet (if he agrees) for a dose rate and get him/her to show you where and how...."

Hey guys
Just thought I would let you know how my acckies went at the vets
well after an examination he thinks that the infection has completley cleared up. the slightly heavier breathing was caused by the damage done to the lungs whilst they were sick. he said it is nothing to worry about and that as long as they don't get sick again ( highly unlikley!!!)
that they will be fine.
Thanks for all the help again guys really appreciate it!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back