reticulated pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day mate,

They are big and generally cranky, but very pretty snakes. I'd just about sell my entire collection if I could own a few.

dosent really matter what there like as you cant keep them in australia unless your a zoo

Err, yes very pretty indeed but owning one of them would be like one of them ppl-eating anaconda. The olives are big enough for me. I don't want to be a meal.

Next time you are on the Sunshine Coast, stop in @ Australia zoo. They have a very large Retic there.....

I'm not sure of the biggest genuinely recorded Retic, but they definitely grow to at least 7.5 metres and are reported to get bigger.

nope there the longest snake in the world but not the largest. the largest is the green anaconda their abit fatter and only get to about 30 foot

They are my favourite python species, an extremely beautiful snake with wonderful orange eyes (usually) and a somewhat unpredictable temperament.
Here's is a friend of mine with a captive one in the UK.
Retic-1.jpg

LOL. it wasn't her snake, the photo was taken to give it some perspective as to just how big the snake was. It ate piglets, lambs, chickens and goats.

WOW THAT HUGE BOA!!! what do they feed it on cows?

sorry for the change of breed but anyone know the largest bredli in australia in captivity?

Check out the latest Reptiles Australia mag, it's a "Big Snakes" special & has some good info on retics (& others, including our own scrubbies & olives)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back