RI?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz-fiz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK, so I know this has been done before, but i was having a bit of trouble with the search thingy.
So my bredli, who is bout 1 year old and a bit over a metre, was making sort of a crackling noise with its mouth, and occassionally it would breathe out hevily like Pfft, or a massive sigh kinda thing.
So i was wondering, does my snake have a respiritory infection?

Temps or around 30 - 33 at the hot end, about 28 ish in the middle,and 26 - 23 ish during the day when the light is on, and 20 - 18 at night at the moment.

Also, if she does have a RI what can i do about it?

cheers,
Will

Look up the symptoms of respiratory infection on here or on Google. My snakes hiss a little like they are breathing out heavily but that is generally when I first get them out of their enclosure. I know others who do the same. I guess it's just getting a little annoyed/surprised about being disturbed. However everyone will tell you take it to the vet. It's the only real way to know if it's RI.

If you aren't too concerned wait until after a shed then see if the crackling noise persists I have heard that an upcoming shed can make the breathing sound slightly different the other noise could be hissing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back