ridgetail monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree as well, that UVB is not a necessity with monitors. They can and do live perfectly healthy lives without it.

There is however another reason to consider using UV lighting, in that without it the colours of your reptile will never be as bright. This goes esp for the yellow markings. Its only my opinion, but if your going to pay more for a brightly coloured specimen you might as well pay the little extra to bring out its colours.

I agree since I started using the black lights 10 odd years ago would not be without did my own trials and the color difference was outstanding as well as growth rates etc. And they are very inexpensive

Hey m.punja, here is a pic of one of my breeding enclosures. This one is actually used for caudo's but the ackie ones are basically the same minus the sticks, and with bigger water bowls.

These have been very effective for my breeding purposes, and I'm sure with a few adjustments they could be made into more of a display cage. The basic principles are a hot spot with temps 60-70 degrees, plenty of hides both under the heat and away from it, and enough room to allow for a thermal gradient.

When they are housed right and feel secure they are alot more interactive. All my animals are wild caught, and after an initial few months of gentle encouragement, they are all hand feeding and come out when Im around.

The second pic is of one of my adult pairs. So far this season the female has laid over 20 eggs. I cant wait to see the babes as this female is possibly my favorite lizard. She is on the right of the pic. She is almost solid red with very little black on her (shedding in this pic tho:( )

Attachments

• js800_IMGA1028.jpg
    js800_IMGA1028.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 104
  • js800_PB130577.jpg
    js800_PB130577.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 99
Hey m.punja, here is a pic of one of my breeding enclosures. This one is actually used for caudo's but the ackie ones are basically the same minus the sticks, and with bigger water bowls.

These have been very effective for my breeding purposes, and I'm sure with a few adjustments they could be made into more of a display cage. The basic principles are a hot spot with temps 60-70 degrees, plenty of hides both under the heat and away from it, and enough room to allow for a thermal gradient.

When they are housed right and feel secure they are alot more interactive. All my animals are wild caught, and after an initial few months of gentle encouragement, they are all hand feeding and come out when Im around.

The second pic is of one of my adult pairs. So far this season the female has laid over 20 eggs. I cant wait to see the babes as this female is possibly my favorite lizard. She is on the right of the pic. She is almost solid red with very little black on her (shedding in this pic tho:( )

How much for babies dude?? If good price I'll take 4.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back