RIP:gex male thicky 2007-2012

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoman1985

Reaction score
nota good morning i found my thick tailed gecko dead in the back yard three days arfter he went missing i think my mum cat may have got him but i dont know the ants most certnly did. one of my much loved gecko he has been in my care scince 2 weeks of age and was a good handler even feed from my hand im am still trying to work out why i did not go back to them un till later that night as i was cleaning his enclosuer and got destracted by some thing else and fogot he was still in one of the hatchy enclosuers with no lid arfter all he could not climb the glass little did i relise it can be tiped over. i pulled the shead appart but could not find him. i am rlley upset that my actions may have coused his death.

pc030035-230944

Sorry for your loss, sadly accidents can happen no matter what we do, he is at peace now so dont dwell on how it happened just think of all the good times you had with him while he was here.

ahh thats so sad.. i lost an eastern water dragon once because i didnt have enough ventalation and way way to much humidity, found him dead in his water. what a terrible way to go :( that was my inexperiance when i was young and i felt terrible.. just learn from your mistake and his death wont be in vein. i now have 2 fat healthy large yearling EWD's kicking along nice.

RIP little guy.
These things unfortunately happen.
Learn from your mistake and you'll be a better keeper for it.
I had a 15y.o Beardy pass away, and despite his age I still think what if I had done this or that maybe...

No good to hear, I had a green frog jump into my first pair of thickies tank and ate the male was not happy but learn't even if the geckos don't climb other things can still get in leasson learnt. All my tanks now have tight fitting lids!!

Sorry to hear that, but at least you know what happened. It's way worse not knowing.

RIP little guy, may your spirit scurry free in the summerlands ....
Mistakes are made, one of my yearlings is still missing and it is very hard not knowing if she is ok :(
my thoughts are with you
Kind regards
Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back