roman nose terriers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian83

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
does anyone breed or know someone who breeds roman nose terriers?

my kids are asking me about getting a puppy but i am not a fan of little dogs.

im more into staffies and roman nose terriers, (my uncles are all piggers).

if anyone knows, let me know......

cheers

Roman Noses are Bull Terriers are they not? The standard bully can be quite a large and powerful dog, males can be upto 60cm tall and as much as 36kg! Plenty of breeders about too, just check the dogzonline site's breed pages and then breeder listings.

With kids i wouldn't recomend a std bully, their is no weight standard on the breed. If you happen to get a rather large one like i did they can be a quite a handful and play a little too rough with kids.

The mini's however are meant to be under 15kg. A mate had one that was about 8kg, exact same temperament, shape and thick headed attitude as a std except 1/4 the size lol. I got mine from Maohlmin Kennels in Adelaide, was a grand about 4 years ago. There'sa few other members on the forum with them and i think there may even be a couple of breeders.

Edit: and if you get yourself a boy DO NOT cut his ballz off. If you do you'll end up with a weird leggy looking thing without that bull type muscley body. And it's really funny when they sit down and just rest their balls on the floor hahhaa. Bully owners will know what i'm talkin about.

Last edited:

This is a friend of mine's page for Bully's on facebook, she has links to lots of breeders around Australia on there. Her big boy Max weighs about 45kgs. he's a big placid monster.

And it's really funny when they sit down and just rest their balls on the floor hahhaa. Bully owners will know what i'm talkin about.

Bahahaha I love the way they sit. All in all you wont be disappointed with a bully, they have the funniest personalities I think, although not the smartest dog they can be very cunning. They are great with kids but they are bloody brutes and can throw their weight around when playing, not intentionally.

Google Bull Terrier breeders and you will have pages and pages to sift through. If your looking to get a quality dog with papers put aside at least $1200 and a bit more for a miniature.

Edit: and if you get yourself a boy DO NOT cut his ballz off. If you do you'll end up with a weird leggy looking thing without that bull type muscley body. And it's really funny when they sit down and just rest their balls on the floor hahhaa. Bully owners will know what i'm talkin about.

hehehehe, my Bulldog does this too and its hilarious, like hes just gently resting on them!

i have 2 (moving to my dads) and hugo and scoobs are the best natured dogs ever...thick as so you have to be firm with them as puppies but great animals... scoobs is meant to be a mini but he's a big dog so yeah just be careful with young kids...but it should be said for all dogs not just bullies... i don't know any breeders...just google them for your area...

I have a roman nose bully and he is a sweet heart . Where abouts do u live? I know some greet bloodline breeders up in the central coast

Whats with the "ROMAN NOSE".................They are English Bull Terriers....very powerful, normally placid dogs, though some of the 50kg dogs, I used to know In London, were not to be trifled with...

^ I'd assume because the shape of their nose is what we call Roman nosed , even.on people...

They're the most gorgeous dogs ever.

lol, i know exactly wht ur on about, plus, My dog has a bad habit of when im outside sitting on a chair he leans his muscly *** on ur feet.

^ I'd assume because the shape of their nose is what we call Roman nosed , even.on people...

They're the most gorgeous dogs ever.

Indeed they are. I love them.
Im from lismore far north coast nsw near tweed heads

Whats with the "ROMAN NOSE".................They are English Bull Terriers....very powerful, normally placid dogs, though some of the 50kg dogs, I used to know In London, were not to be trifled with...

You are correct Cockney_Red. They are named the english bull terrior. Though, also known as roman nose bull terriors.
This is because of the bloodline - the more rounded the nose is, the more pure the bloodeline.
These dogs have been crossed with so many other breeds that unfortunately the average bull terrior you see does not have this "roman nose".
There the Gladiator breed
. And they are my fav breed.

Roman nose is just a nickname, they are English Bull Terriers and there are plenty of pure bred bullys around that haven't been crossed with anything else besides other bullys fangs01 and they are not known as roman nose, like I said above that is just a nickname.

Roman nose is just a nickname, they are English Bull Terriers and there are plenty of pure bred bullys around that haven't been crossed with anything else besides other bullys fangs01 and they are not known as roman nose, like I said above that is just a nickname.

Yes that is there nickname. BUT in saying that how many bully's do u see with sharp defined convex nose's? Not many. Im saying that because I was with the nswbt association and dealt with a lot of bully's and you can tell straight away the purelines. I have many friends that own bully's crossed and they loose that awesome gladiator nose there known for. But when they sell the pups for $400 they forget to mention that there dog was knocked up by the staffy next door!

A standard bully is priced from$1000-1800 depending on the titles of the parents. A mini is priced from $900-1500. Have a look in my album, my big boy is there! Best of breed in his day might I add ;)

Yes I know a thing or two about Bullys I've kept them for 20 or so years and are the only dog I'll keep till the day I die. I dabbled in the show scene (did well with my first bitch) at the start but it wasn't my cup off tea.

Well we can agree on one thing - that bully's are the only breed I'll ever keep. So much couldy affection in such a big buff body. I'll stand up for this breed till I die!

They also have this awesome great white shark look about them,
So stunning. I think a mini is a waste of time, but standards are stunning

Did someone say Shark..?

Here is Sharky and Rhino, my two pure bred bitches.

IMG_5458.jpg
IMG_5510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back