Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hph

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just saw an ad for rough scale pythons at $24k a pr on herptrader :shock: gee wheez doesnt even look green. why are they so expensive ?

Beacuse they're one of the rarest snakes in Australia, only discovered recently and has the smallest range of any Australian Python, but apparently they breed easily and aren't hard to keep so they won't hold value like virdis.

The only reason the rough scaled pythons are so expensive is because you can use there old skins to sand your floors. :lol:

Just saw them on HT myself, 24 big ones is a bit much. There been a bit of talk on APS about them comming up for sale and how much they would want for them. Apparently the owner has about 100 of them and has been breeding for sometime. I sure someone here can correct me with the right details.

The problem will always be that they are pretty homely lookin.

Isnt it John Weigel who has the huge collection of them?

I remember last year they came up for sale for the first time and he was the owner?

Cheers Alex

Reptile park has a pair.. John brought em out for a few of us to have a play earlier this year. awesome animals.

have to agree with souley. have one over a gtp any day..

ether said:

I remember last year they came up for sale for the first time and he was the owner?

Cheers Alex

Do you remember how much they went for last year???

Kingii said:
ether said:

Cheers Alex

Do you remember how much they went for last year???
The exact same price if I recall correctly.

I'd love a pair. I find them very appealing. I love that they have keeled dorsal scales and that big circular scale on top of their heads, and the fact that they have pretty drab colours appeals to me as well. I think they will be a very mysterious captive and to me they're the best snake to come along since the diamond :D I'd buy Roughies over Chondros anyday, too. Nah, actually i think i'll just buy both!! :wink:

serpenttongue said:
I'd love a pair. I find them very appealing. I love that they have keeled dorsal scales and that big circular scale on top of their heads, and the fact that they have pretty drab colours appeals to me as well. I think they will be a very mysterious captive and to me they're the best snake to come along since the diamond :D I'd buy Roughies over Chondros anyday, too. Nah, actually i think i'll just buy both!! :wink:
Yeah, what he just said :p

they are a nice snake, they did sell for that price last yr and im sure they will again, but i agree that the price will fall like a tone of bricks, they are ment to be easy to care for and breed so i will just wait for them to be a grand or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back