Rough Scaled Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Stripey

Reaction score
I really like these snakes saw one the other day. Any info, tips, pictures on them anyone.

thanks

I heard that alll captive breds originate from only 3 wild caught specimins. That would be the price tag reason but are there any more wild ones being used since or are all of them a lil in bred now....

Dont know if its true but i've heard inbreeding in herps isnt as much of a problem, they can inbreed up to 9 generations before anything starts going wrong. Something like that i was told anyway not sure if its true.

Dont know if its true but i've heard inbreeding in herps isnt as much of a problem, they can inbreed up to 9 generations before anything starts going wrong. Something like that i was told anyway not sure if its true.

Yes this it true:lol:

I'm against inbreeding.

It hasn't been good in any species, why would It be different in herps?

i just recievd a pair on wednesday and i am in love i got them from ultimate reptile suppliers which has them on special 2 for $3000 and they have such a great temperment and are good feeders i will post pics of mine later but they will be appearing at the gladstone reptile expo 18/04/09 if any one wants to see them

Yes it's true, it has been shown many times overseas that inbreeding multiple generations has no deleterious affects. What applies to mammals DOES NOT apply to reptiles.

I think the founder stock was closer to 10 or 12 unrelated animals and if managed well for the first couple of generations (which I have heard they were) then inbreeding probably isnt an issue with this species at the moment.

Squishi, we bought a brother for your pair, we'll be going up to gladstone so we'll look you up, our little man is a stunner, eats well and doesn't snap, gorgeous animals

Squishi, we bought a brother for your pair, we'll be going up to gladstone so we'll look you up, our little man is a stunner, eats well and doesn't snap, gorgeous animals

that will be great are you the guys that had one there last year i missed out on going cause i had to work but i got the day off this year i am showing up with keyarna and mike from ure reptiles we will be setting up next to eachother :D

I've posted these before:

FRS02-2.jpg

DSC_3292.jpg

roughie1.jpg

DSC_3271.jpg

Heres a couple pictures i had laying around,enjoy...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back