Rough Scaled Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took a few of a 6 month old that shed recently! Enjoy!

Attachments

• rsp1 (600 x 400).jpg
    rsp1 (600 x 400).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 78
  • rsp2 (600 x 400).jpg
    rsp2 (600 x 400).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 80
  • rsp (600 x 400).jpg
    rsp (600 x 400).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 100
  • rsp3 (600 x 400).jpg
    rsp3 (600 x 400).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 83
  • rsp4 (600 x 400).jpg
    rsp4 (600 x 400).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 89
I didn't even think that we couldn't keep them in Vic. Wouldnt they just be classified as a carpet?

You can't, and they are not classified as a carpet.

How can you say that aren't a carpet? They are Morelia Carinata. Its name suggests it is a carpet python, and the GTP too. They are Morelia Viridis. Adds more beauty to the already beautiful Morelia family.

How can you say that aren't a carpet? They are Morelia Carinata. Its name suggests it is a carpet python, and the GTP too. They are Morelia Viridis. Adds more beauty to the already beautiful Morelia family.

I think they are looking at re-clasifying both thr RSP and GTP

they are not carpet pythons!

carpets, RSP's, GTP's, and classed in the same genus "MORELIA".

carpet pythons are MORELIA SPILOTA, RSP's are MORELIA CARINATA, GTP's are MORELIA VIRIDIS.

thats how i can say RSP's (morelia carinata) and GTP's (morelia viridis) are not carpets (morelia spilota).

yes, thats what i was trying to say.

the wrong wording was used, it should of been "RSP's are classified in the morelia genus." they are not classified as "carpets".

Last edited:
or in science :lol: It makes better sense now ;) Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back