Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

womas4me

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Said it before and I'll say it again. I love these little nose biters. This guy is one of the one's in Broome. Great eyes and loooooong teeth.

RE: Roughy

There are no private collections of RSP here that anyone would know about. If anyone has them it would be a well kept secret for many reasons. I have a friend who was offered 50 k if he could obtain one.

Fair enough :) I must have mis-read some time in the past when I heard there were. It's great that the breeding program's been such a success though..

I love those things so much! I think if I'd had more to do with them (I've only seen one and apart from on the telly haven't seen one move!) they may be my favourite python. I hope they hurry up and get them breeding in huge numbers so that I can have some :D

How lucky are you???? According to that show the other week that would have to be only the third ever seen. lmao after all didn't they say that the one they seen in the tree was only the second?

A few more than three have been seen these days, cwarren :)

arp have breeding pair i think. dont quote me on that.

John Weigel has bred a reasonable number of them, he gave a talk on it at a VHS meeting last year (or was it early this year?). Lots of Sdaji drool producing material that night.

5 adults taken into captivity, 5 clutches produced as of last season with about 12 babies per clutch.
So with approx 65 of them out there now and the first clutches maturing (born Jan 2001,) there should soon be a heap of them in captivity. One of the big problems soon will be fresh blood as they only have 2 females as founding stock.

Re: RE: Roughy

Sdaji said:
A few more than three have been seen these days, cwarren :)
Yes O am aware of this lol I was being sarcastic.

Bartman,,,, where oh where did you get to hold them?????????? :shock:
I ove them, they are on the upper top, highest of high wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back