RSPCA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Policies

I found this on the RSPCA website under policies

"RSPCA Australia is opposed to the keeping of wildlife as pets unless the animals are derived from captive-bred stock, are clearly identified as being suitable for this purpose have non-demanding husbandry, are adaptable to live, breed and have their behavioural needs met in the captive state and pose no health or public safety risks to humans or other animals."

I realise the above statement can be picked apart and ridiculed but it says to me that they are not actively against wildlife as pets as long as all needs are met and the acquisition of said wildlife does not deplete natural stocks in the wild. Sounds reasonable to me :D

Important points have already been made but I'll say them again >the RSPCA does do a good job with comon domestic animals and it is a pity they don't expand their knowledge to include native wildlife, namely reptiles however there are wildlife rescue organisations about equipped with the knowledge and expertise to deal specifically with these animals. I do realise though that RSPCA advertising does appear to offer services contradictory to those actually on offer.

Okay, sorry bout all that just had to point out that the RSPCA isn't the spawn of the Devil. Of course, I feel bad 'coz I don't intend on breeding my baby...

Ella :twisted:

LOl @ "spawn of the devil" Ella :D ............They do some stuff, yes, but saintly they aint! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back