RSPCA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my lil bro was home alone when he came across a half dead pregnate ring tail possem with one of maybe three babys half hanging out. he at least had the brains to call the so called rspca the advice they gave him, as he couldnt drive there (he was only12) was to just pull the baby out and leave them. after that he then asked would they be ok and she promptly replyed "no they will surly die good bye" ............. now whats the deal with that?? :evil:

brendan_spencer said:
then they will kill all the mongeral stronger dogs purebreds are weaker and get problems when there older

Thats true Brenden, but breeding of anything comes down to $$$ ,no-one makes money from mongrels [as a buisness] except those puppy farms who supplie evil vivisectors. Try to tell people they cant breed purebreds and you'll have a riot. :D btw....even "purebreds" arnt really "pure" as such, having been bred for various traits over hundreds of years. for example "sausage dogs" were bred for that look but suffer back problems, german shepards are known for hip displatior *spell. mongrels do tend to be genetically stronger but there is just too damn many.

People who would claim they have a "right" to breed any animal they like, will invariably scoff and shout down any suggestion that the animals they breed have a "right" to a quality life. hence countless starving diseased strays being destroyed everyday. It has to stop somewhere.
with every "right" comes responsibility, I hate hearing people raving about how there going to breed this dog with that ,"to see" if they will get ,"a nice pup" without the slightest thought for the future of the :cry: other pups.

Hey Wattso...All you have to do is bring out a 5m cranky scrubby and say " I crossed the parents of this little guy, and look how he turned out!" With a huge proud grin on your face...That'll discourage them...:D:D:D:D

Huh? :D ...........oh reckless breeders...yeah. :|

Ahh.. the real behind the scenes tales.

sorry dont have any time for the RSPCA either called them a short time ago about a water python that i know is neglected and needs to be liberated from the unsuitable enclosure in which it is housed....

Their response "take it up eith your local council we are not interested"

All creatures great and small indeed
Cheers
Matt

I am sorry to say that I have had the same experience with the RSPCA over here. However I feel I must stand up for some of their practises. The fact that they will take some animals but not others is sad and shouldn't happen, but I have contacted them about horses that were neglected and they were prompt and very proffesional. (I have one of the horses they rescued, a lovely TB mare in foal to a Black Andalusion Stallion) Sadly, it all comes down the $. Looking after reptiles is expensive and time consuming and it is very hard to find homes for them in WA. Therefore they believe that it is futile spending many dollars and hours trying to bring the animal back to health to only have it put down again.

NOTE: I am only speaking of my encounters with the RSPCA in WA.

Hi,

I was holidaying in Queensland a couple of days back and going on the Pacific Highway to the Gold Coast from Brisbane. I came across a huge Pet store - World Pets (something like that, it's opposite IKEA across the highway) - along the side of the highway going up to Brisbane. It's somewhere near to Springwood.

There was a huge section on aquarium products and the prices are very good. I bought a couple of things greedily. According to the staff, it's the first store by the RSPCA in Australia. Hope they open up more such stores elsewhere, especially in the ACT where I live

If you happen to be in the vicinity, do pop in to have a look. Here is a link http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/events/santapaws.htm

Matt

Looks like the RSPCA is opening up pet stores now...

Arn't they (the RSPCA) against the buying and selling of animals through pet shops? Or do they not sell their animals

says the shop dosent sell animals.

the real money in the pet trade is not the pets themselves, its selling the other stuff that pet owners think they need. Tanks, cages, heaters and those cute little santa suits you can dress your cat up in :) Come on tibbles, say humiliation.

:shock: Another red wine Africa? :D
Japan is VERY big on silly products for pets. big $$$

wattso said:
:shock: Another red wine Africa? :D
Japan is VERY big on silly products for pets. big $$$

Most of the pet things are the same as n oz. Only difference is peple actually buy the little plastic house shaped things over there instead of using something around the house. :D

yup, Americans are like that too, people there even take there pets to a shrink! and special therapy like accupunture for pets, bet fido likes being a pin cushion. crazy yanks! :D

When it comes to pets, people are willing to go to extermes (My aunt has given everything to her poodle in her will. Over 250,000$ and a servant to wait on it)

The RSPCA in the UK take exactly the same stance as they do here, condeming the keeping of Reptiles as pets etc..

They are just not equipped to deal with such animals that get brought in or are confiscated, so because they can't deal with anything unless it has 4 legs and fur, they fear it, and will try there hardest to get it banned, which is what they have been trying to do in the UK for years now.

It is just a matter of ignorance and unfortunately they do get listened to by the public, but not as much as they used to thank god, as they have lost alot of credibility at least in the UK.

Interesting to see that here on the other side of the world their predjudices are the same.

Wattso,
Accupuncture for Dogs and Cats has been out here for some time now, works well for dogs who have suffered from Paralysis ticks.
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back