Rude Spider wakes Andy (close up pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful shots Andy. I haven't seen a badge huntsman before, or maybe I just haven't looked underneath my huntsman visitors (huntsmen?). They are usually completely uncooperative about hopping into the tupperware to be transported outside, so I don't get much of a look. Stern admonitions that 'this is for your own good!' don't seem to cut much ice and they'd rather hide behind the breadboard.

id take a huntsman on my face then sharing a tent with an unwilling red belly black snake lol last time i take a nap in the middle of the day when the tent was open nearly crapped myself when i saw its head lol

Nice pics andy, but I doubt I'd have gotten a chance to take pics once I flicked it off and saw THAT......... I'd have just FAINTED on the spot!!!!! LOL

Lovely looking little guy though! Although... forget the badge markings..... get a load of those fangs!!! (swoon)

(QUOTE=paleoherp;1347072]Actually now that I've had a better look at the pics it's a female isn't it?[/quote]

Yeah mate its a female, If I woke up with a male on my face id be disturbed :shock::p;)

Thanks all for the comments on the pics, I cant wait to get a macro lens to improve on the detail.

DipcdameNice pics andy, but I doubt I'd have gotten a chance to take pics once I flicked it off and saw THAT......... I'd have just FAINTED on the spot!!!!! LOL

Lovely looking little guy though! Although... forget the badge markings..... get a load of those fangs!!! (swoon)

Yeah Dipcdame, she did have a nice set of fangs on her.

I think Badge Huntsmans can give you quite a nasty bite!......vomiting, irregular pulse, intense pain etc!

quite right Saratoga! an old spider book of mine said that of 25species of Australian Badge huntsman only 2 are considered dangerous.

Ahhh one of those bit me on the toe while i was asleep in my bed in about 1987 i had an allergic reaction and spent 10 days in bundaberg hospital. Not so keen on spiders ever since.

Ahhh one of those bit me on the toe while i was asleep in my bed in about 1987 i had an allergic reaction and spent 10 days in bundaberg hospital. Not so keen on spiders ever since.

And here I was picking it up and taking it outside.
Always thought they were harmless :shock:

LMAO, no Spiders dont bother me.
On the other hand, put in a paddock with cows and you will see me turn into a wimp real fast.
I hate COWS.

Cows are lovely Andy. They can't fall on your in the middle of the night! lol, I was hoping for a close up of the spider ON your face. Now that would have been a good shot...:p

Yeh i dont mind spiders, good to see people take them outside ...
i probly woulda just slapped my face and not have a second thought bout it then have a squashed spider (ergghh) and a hand print on my face ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back