Sad Loss Tonight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A few hours ago I unfortunately found my old Olive Python female dead in her cage. I obtained this female from Kevin Smith as a mature adult in 1989 and breed her sucsessfully from 1990 till 2005. During these years she produced over 360 eggs(this has to be a record for and Olive) and her decendants are now all over Eastern Australia. Many on this site would have her young or even their siblings. She will be missed. RIP Grandma.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad she had such a fulfilling life.

yea , sorry to hear that . After 360 eggs she deserves some kind of State Funeral.

That's a shame, 360 eggs sounds like a strong legacy to leave behind though.

R.I.P

I am sure she will live on in memory and in her offspring.

Thats a shame bigguy,it sounds like she had a amazing life with you,She was about 20odd years old,what a life.It would be such a hard time losing a animal you had for so long.R.I.P olive....

naww...she sounds like she was a good snake with you! RIP mate!

Sorry to hear that Bob, sounds like she had a good innings though.

with that many offspring she's put smiles on the faces of thousands of people and will for generations to come

Awwww, rest in peace grandmother olive.Just like twenty said, i bet there are 360 proud mothers owning her babies thanks to you bigguy and her magical mating skills,she will never ever be forgotten.She sounds like one amazing reptilian.

Thats sad news Bob. what a champion that girl was though, 360 eggs and she lived to a ripe old age too.
But its always sad to loose an animal, especially one you've had for so long.

sorry to hear that,...must be hard after all those years.

at least she had a good long life,.....(according some research i did on olives are only meant to live for 10-12 years)
did she slow down towards the end or did it totallty take u by surprise,..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back