Samsung galaxy vs iphone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Deville

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a new smart phone, i want to know what people think is better, samsung galaxy s3 or iphone 4s / wait for iphone 5 release?

Cheers Mo

I had a choice between iphone or samsung,love my samsung galaxy s2. Research both,see if friends have them,check theirs,then choose which you think suits you best.

I just want from a samsung galaxy to the iphone 4s. I should of stayed with the samsung galaxy. In fact I going to go back to using my old phone.

Sony erriccson x10 / or arc can't go wrong, similar set IP to iPhone but only a glass screen not backing

I think most if not all of the top smart phones are equally as good as each other but one will do a few thing better then the other. If you have other apple products and like the ease of use of the iPhone I would steer that way. If you want a more customisable phone that has more functionality on a open os platform the galaxy is probably the go. I think now days no one manufacture is the best, they're just offer slightly different products that appeal to different customers.

As I sell both lol it depends what you are gona use it mainly for. galaxy's are much less fragile then iPhones. I've seen so many iPhones come back. Due to been smashed.
ive also had an iPhone and sold it and bought a galaxy s2 outright and I'm much happier with it.

Basically all smart phones do the same thing it's just how they do those things and how the phones are setup/layed out and their software that makes the difference

I have a HTC Evo 3D. Insane phone. Would never go apple over android. As big as apple may be, android is actually bigger-more support better product. As for the new Galaxy I don't think much competes with it, nor will compete with it for at least 6 months. The features and capabilities of it are incredible. I wouldn't waste my money with an Iphone considering what is too come in the android market!

I have a 4S and an S3. I'd never had android before, but i'm pleasantly suprised by it. It has many fantastic features i actually use. The big screen completes it for me, feels great in the hand and is user friendly. It honestly depends on what you use your phone for.

Cant wait for all the fanboy fights, ive got the galaxy 2 and its been the best phone. Only smart phone ive had that can take a beating. Alot of my friends have converted from their iphones because they just werent happy.

We have both IP4 and S2. The "ice cream sandwich" OS (Android 4.0+) is a very impressive OS, and very,very stable (despite me developing on it). Its App store is a bit clunky but not hard to use. I have the set the Live wallpaper to represent the current weather conditions which is cool. The Google navigation app is very good and, as a bonus, we get a good laugh at the voice failing to pronounce Sunshine coast place names ( Jim pie anyone? ). I've also ordered a 32gb memory card for it at a cost of $50. This will fit my entire mp3 and my nature image collection. A downside is that some apps can and do spam messages to you.
My wife uses the IP4 but is jealous of the S2. One of the problems we did have was getting some of our music collection onto it. It took a lot of effort and disappeared within two days. Apps and files can be and are remotely removed from your phone by apple without your knowledge or permission. The phone, however, has proved reliable and robust.
The IP4 will be retired soon and will only be used for development work. My wife wants an S3. And what my wife wants, my wife gets.

I think most if not all of the top smart phones are equally as good as each other but one will do a few thing better then the other. If you have other apple products and like the ease of use of the iPhone I would steer that way. If you want a more customisable phone that has more functionality on a open os platform the galaxy is probably the go. I think now days no one manufacture is the best, they're just offer slightly different products that appeal to different customers.

^ This.

But I will also add, I've had my iPhone 4 since it came out, there's not a single thing wrong with it. Every android device I have seen that is the same age has become slow and buggy. Probably due to the apps not being regulated.

If you're technically minded and know what you're doing you won't have this problem with Android. For everyone else (and Apple fanboys of course), iPhone!

It's already been said, but I'll say it again :D Get the phone YOU want. Stores like Vodaphone have live demo models that you can play with, and there's lot of online resources to check out the phone's profile (CNET Australia is a good place to start.) If you are thinking about purchasing an iPhone, just wait until iPhone 5 comes out. The price of the iPhone 4 will drop and you'll be able to get a better outright deal.

(I recently got the SIII outright, gotta say, I'm having a BALL with it.)

all you people with your flashy phones , i got told my phone was old last night , i was pretty cut, i thought my nokia was pretty cool , only got it 2 years ago and it still works so im keeping it :) , im just not smart enough for a smart phone

I've had a play with both S3 and 4S and I didn't enjoy the iPhone at all. LOVED the S3 though and after owning HTCs for years Android is like second-nature to me now. The S3 looks better to me cosmetically as well - being female that IS important. :lol: After buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab and a Samsung Slate 7, I've never had a problem and would buy the S3 in a heartbeat. Actually 90% sure I'll do so with the tax return.

I have a HTC One XL and a Asus tf300...I love android and it's compatibility with windows and each other and pretty much everything...I will also admit to thinking that iPhones are pretty cool everyone in my family has one except my Mum (I buy all her tech :p) Iphones are better than most phone in their price range but I stress MOST not all...In the end it come down to what you want it for

iPhone: If you have a Macbook, iMac etc...only use your phone for music, some apps, a bit of gaming and internet browsing

Android (S3): If you have PC/laptop running windows/linux...Use your phone for everything from camera, to music, data storage, internet, games, sharing thing between friends over bluetooth wifi...or are really tech savvy

I can honestly say I like both but I like to get the most I can from my Tech...But for the less tech Savvy I give them a iPhone any day just because they're beyond simple to use

I have a HTC One XL and a Asus tf300...I love android and it's compatibility with windows and each other and pretty much everything...I will also admit to thinking that iPhones are pretty cool everyone in my family has one except my Mum (I buy all her tech :p) Iphones are better than most phone in their price range but I stress MOST not all...In the end it come down to what you want it for

iPhone: If you have a Macbook, iMac etc...only use your phone for music, some apps, a bit of gaming and internet browsing

Android (S3): If you have PC/laptop running windows/linux...Use your phone for everything from camera, to music, data storage, internet, games, sharing thing between friends over bluetooth wifi...or are really tech savvy

I can honestly say I like both but I like to get the most I can from my Tech...But for the less tech Savvy I give them a iPhone any day just because they're beyond simple to use
agree 100% iphones are for those who have no real interest in tech but just want a phone that is simple and works for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back