Savannah cats banned

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bump73 I was wondering the same thing myself. I know that there is a breeder in Queensland and I think another in Victoria. I wonder what will happen to their existing breeding program they have spent vast amounts of money importing into the country already? Do they get put down or exported? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

I think they are all still in quarantine. that should mean that they should either be sent back or destroyed.

Desexing them will only help long term doesn't help the local fauna if they get out now. just protects them in 10-15 years time. Imgaine what one of these animals could do in that time. effectively wipe out a psecies in its local area.

Good riddance I say. We have enough animals people don't want to look after without bringing in more dangerous ones.

JMO

Im rather proud of my left wing marxist beliefs.

Marxist beliefs advocate the existence of a government (not anarchy) that will manage society to the purpose of equality for all. That would be a government even more restrictive than the ones you are currently whinging about.

Aussie 1 that's a bit of a contradiction to some of your previous messages, but I'm glad you are starting to see the logic in what some of us are on about ! And yes, Cat's should be contained 24/7

Where are the Savannahs

I think they are all still in quarantine. that should mean that they should either be sent back or destroyed.

Desexing them will only help long term doesn't help the local fauna if they get out now. just protects them in 10-15 years time. Imgaine what one of these animals could do in that time. effectively wipe out a psecies in its local area.

Good riddance I say. We have enough animals people don't want to look after without bringing in more dangerous ones.

JMO

I'm pretty sure they are in quarantine in the USA. The USA breeder is quoted in the media today, saying what's he going to do with them? I think that means they are still at his place - which is in Oklahoma I think.

Presumably they'll get sold in the States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back